Phantom IV Pro V2.0 Battery

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of posts regarding batteries, i.e. charging, temperature, storage, etc. I looked back through a lot of previous posts but couldn't find anything on the issue that just came up this morning.

I wanted to get a video of the local sunrise, but as I was turning on the equipment, I got a notification of a new firmware update that needed to be loaded (version 5.XXX, I didn't catch the entire string). Right after the update was complete, I got a "Battery Damaged" error message. And, of course the message prevented me from being able to fly the drone.
I removed the battery that was in the drone, and replaced it with one of my spares, the error message cleared, and I was able to fly the drone to capture the video that I wanted.

Just to check, I swapped the two batteries again (with battery turnoff before removing from drone) and when I reinstalled the first battery, the "Battery Damaged" error returned.

I have three battery packs for my drone; they have all been used approximately the same amount. I was wondering if the firmware update could have caused the problem, since the "error" battery was in the drone when the update occurred.

Also, is there any other way to test the battery to check its status/condition?

TIA for any suggestions or comments.

Touch the batt icon in the app for status of the cells. Should be nearly identical.

Touch the batt icon in the app for status of the cells. Should be nearly identical.
First, there is a red triangle with an exclamation point in the line for the battery status. And when I touch that, the same error message is displayed, along with statements to stop using it, and to return battery to manufacturer.

First, there is a red triangle with an exclamation point in the line for the battery status. And when I touch that, the same error message is displayed, along with statements to stop using it, and to return battery to manufacturer.
General settings upper right 3 dots, touch battery icon.

Attachments

• F4179002-A28A-4DFC-8CF1-7FC262FB3812.png
    F4179002-A28A-4DFC-8CF1-7FC262FB3812.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 179
Do the lights flash the same, charge same? Try in a dif drone? Hasn't happened to me yet through my batt failures, sure others have. Seen "bad cell" but sounds more like bad brain cells.

Do the lights flash the same, charge same? Try in a dif drone? Hasn't happened to me yet through my batt failures, sure others have. Seen "bad cell" but sounds more like bad brain cells.
Yes, lights flash the same - turn on/turn off...and while charging....everything seems normal until I plug it into the drone,

Sorry stumped, unless you can try it in another drone. Hope someone else can help.

I know there are a lot of posts regarding batteries, i.e. charging, temperature, storage, etc. I looked back through a lot of previous posts but couldn't find anything on the issue that just came up this morning.

I wanted to get a video of the local sunrise, but as I was turning on the equipment, I got a notification of a new firmware update that needed to be loaded (version 5.XXX, I didn't catch the entire string). Right after the update was complete, I got a "Battery Damaged" error message. And, of course the message prevented me from being able to fly the drone.
I removed the battery that was in the drone, and replaced it with one of my spares, the error message cleared, and I was able to fly the drone to capture the video that I wanted.

Just to check, I swapped the two batteries again (with battery turnoff before removing from drone) and when I reinstalled the first battery, the "Battery Damaged" error returned.

I have three battery packs for my drone; they have all been used approximately the same amount. I was wondering if the firmware update could have caused the problem, since the "error" battery was in the drone when the update occurred.

Also, is there any other way to test the battery to check its status/condition?

TIA for any suggestions or comments.
I can't speak to this specific issue other than what has already been said. However, I have had repeated problems with updates. I never update anymore unless I am having a problem. I subscribe to the old Adage, "If it aint broke, don't fix it!"

Reactions: John Locke
Yes, this last suggestion from Capt KO might be the right one. Find another Phantom and put the batt in. If no message then something wrong with your drone or software, if yes then maybe is a real problem with the batt.

Yes, this last suggestion from Capt KO might be the right one. Find another Phantom and put the batt in. If no message then something wrong with your drone or software, if yes then maybe is a real problem with the batt.
Thank you for the input. I will keep the battery until I can find another Pro V2 to swap it into. But still won't use it in my drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31