Phantom is uncontrollable after crash

Reaction score
Crashed my Phantom today, lost some props and wrecked my gimbal - but once I'd replaced the props I took it back out to see if it was still functioning ok.

It was almost impossible to handle and would not hover in one position. Would continually pull to one side and even attempting corrections wasn't helping (it would just over-correct itself)

From what I can gather I have lost the compass (I have the version with the compass built into the leg). Is it possible to buy a replacement part here? The cable and connector for it are still in tact, but the compass component itself is gone.

I took the lid off my phantom too, to check the GPS unit and there didn't seem to be any visible damage. Is there any way of testing this?

Thanks

Here's the GPS unit - it looks intact to me ... expert opinions welcome ...

Have attached a photo of the internals and compass leg for reference too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 489
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 547
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 491
andydunlop said:
Crashed my Phantom today, lost some props and wrecked my gimbal - but once I'd replaced the props I took it back out to see if it was still functioning ok.

It was almost impossible to handle and would not hover in one position. Would continually pull to one side and even attempting corrections wasn't helping (it would just over-correct itself)

From what I can gather I have lost the compass (I have the version with the compass built into the leg). Is it possible to buy a replacement part here? The cable and connector for it are still in tact, but the compass component itself is gone.

I took the lid off my phantom too, to check the GPS unit and there didn't seem to be any visible damage. Is there any way of testing this?

Thanks

Looks like the only way you're going to get a new compass is that you will have order a new landgear with the compass attached. B&H, ebay and more then likely amazon have the replacement landing gear.

After you get the new compass you'll need to do a complete IMU calibration on a level surface.

Noticed you also have the same info in the HELP thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav