Phantom internals into F450 ?

Reaction score
Hi guys, is it doable ? All the internals of the Phantom onto F450 ?

Advice , criticism welcome ?

Regards Rob

Ok been doing some reading.....

Am I correct that I can take my NAZA & GPS out of my phantom and add it to a flame450 or 550 kit with motors & ESC....

It seems that the Phantom NAZA is "crippled" in that motors 5 and 6 are disabled in it, so a 450 maybe yes, a 550 no.

It depends on which Phantom. The original Phantoms had the Naza M v1 (white and red, capable of 6 motors) which can be upgraded to v2. I have made a conversion from a Phantom 1 to a 450 also. I believe that the Phantom 2 with its Naza M v2 (yellow and red)is only capable of 4 motors.

Ok.... Update, just thinking of buying a complete NAZA-mv2 with the pmu, gps etc etc... So what I'll need next is to either use my DJI transmitter and purchase a receiver for it. OR, I have a DEVO F12E Transmitter out of a downed Tali H500, but I'll need to purchase a new DEVO RX1202 receiver for it.

So biggest question I need help with.... Will the DEVO F12e & DEVO RX1202 receiver work with the NAZA gear? It's a $400 transmitter on its own I believe and would be a shame to waste it ?

Browneee said:
So biggest question I need help with.... Will the DEVO F12e & DEVO RX1202 receiver work with the NAZA gear? It's a $400 transmitter on its own I believe and would be a shame to waste it ?

It should work fine for control as long as the DEVO receiver uses standard output protocol like S-Bus. However, all the fancy built-in features of the Devo controller may not work (integrated FPV for example). Which model of the Phantom are you putting this in?

I wrote a thread with more info... But was hoping to get you attention Ol so started here, appreciate your advice

Browneee said:
I wrote a thread with more info... But was hoping to get you attention Ol so started here, appreciate your advice

Oh right, going in a FlameWheel not a Phantom, my bad lol. If the DEVO Rx outputs S-Bus OR standard channels (one cable per channel) then it'll work with the retail NAZA you're getting....at least for the same control inputs you use a Phantom controller for: basic stick input, flight mode, and IOC, and probably gimbal tilt as well.

Yeah sorry Ol , was thinking / trying to save coin and use parts out of Phanton 1. But after reading and some replies, thinking easier to just purchase the correct gear and sell my Phantom...

Have a look at the thread I started , I put up more info and some pictures of the DEVO stuff, if you in the know and can help, I have DEVO manual and can send in to you .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj