Phantom II. Ligh Sequence. 1 green o yellow + 3 reds.

Reaction score
hi guys.
I have a phantom II ( not vision ) . I have got the calibration ... but after it :

1.- if I have the sticks in GPS mode the sequence is : Green, Red, red, red
2.- if I change to ATTI or manual. the sequence is then :: yellow , red , red red.

any ideas ?
thks for all...

Green is GPS mode and Yellow Atti, red afterwards I think is because it's not acquired enough satalites
So green red red red gps mode no satalite
Yellow red red red atti mode no satalite

I had this the other day took off and hovered for about three minutes, until I got all green green green, it had already set home point, ie flashing greens before I took off,

That's my understanding anyway .. It's like when you switch her on inside with no satalites

FlyingFox said:
I had this the other day took off and hovered for about three minutes, until I got all green green green, it had already set home point, ie flashing greens before I took off,

That's my understanding anyway .. It's like when you switch her on inside with no satalites

That's not totally correct.

The flashing greens you saw while the phantom was on the ground is defined in the manual as "Record forward direction".

You need to see 2 sets of green flashes before you take off, as its only the 2nd set that are for the "Home position".

If you won't do this, you are likely to have a flyaway if you loose connection between the TX and the Phantom

thks for reply guys. I have a Phantom 1.2 too. and It detects 6 GPS in the same site.
The phantom II is new.
what can I check ? or What could I do ?

I recall someone posting exactly the same problem a few weeks ago. He reported that it had started to work the next day.

Perhaps he and you just had lousy satellite coverage at the time.

Are you testing the Phantom away from buildings that can obscure a good view the sky in all directions ?
I presume you're not testing under any trees ??

Some atmospheric conditions e.g. very thick cloud can effect satellite reception, but I've not heard of it totally stopping anyone receiving enough signal.

BTW. How long did you wait? Initial fixes can take some time. I'm not sure about the GPS module in the Phantom, but AFIK most GPS systems take a lot longer to get their first position fix, as the GPS has no idea of what satellite channels to listen for.
Also AFIK, once a GPS detected and received data from a few satellites, it can determine what other satellites may be visible and can more quickly listen for the additional satellites.
Also, GPS units normally store their last set of satellite orbital data, so as long as you don't move hundreds of miles from the last time you used the GPS, it can use the stored data to aid detection of satellites when you use the GPS again.

RogerClark said:
I recall someone posting exactly the same problem a few weeks ago. He reported that it had started to work the next day.

Perhaps he and you just had lousy satellite coverage at the time.

Are you testing the Phantom away from buildings that can obscure a good view the sky in all directions ?
I presume you're not testing under any trees ??

Some atmospheric conditions e.g. very thick cloud can effect satellite reception, but I've not heard of it totally stopping anyone receiving enough signal.

BTW. How long did you wait? Initial fixes can take some time. I'm not sure about the GPS module in the Phantom, but AFIK most GPS systems take a lot longer to get their first position fix, as the GPS has no idea of what satellite channels to listen for.
Also AFIK, once a GPS detected and received data from a few satellites, it can determine what other satellites may be visible and can more quickly listen for the additional satellites.
Also, GPS units normally store their last set of satellite orbital data, so as long as you don't move hundreds of miles from the last time you used the GPS, it can use the stored data to aid detection of satellites when you use the GPS again.

thks roger. I will check it today in the same site. Today is a Beautiful Spring Day :)
The place is good for satellites. I have got checked it with my phanton 1.2 and it flies like a bird :)
I ´ll wait for a long time this afternoon after calibrating :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj