Phantom II battery dies after a year?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Silly question: Is it true that all Phantom batteries are designed to brake after ca a year or about 80 charges? My phantom 2 automatically lands with one of the batteries that still says to have around 55% at the time of the landing. I checked in the assistant software and the box for safety landing is not checked.

I asked a guy about this who repairs all kinds of drones. He said that this is not only known by DJI but also planned. Can this be true?

Can someone tell me something smart about this?

Thanks,
Zoltan

They don't break per se but they do suffer performance loss as they age. It is not planned as much as understood what the typical life-cycle of a LiPo battery is.

I've used 3S LiPo packs for years in 450 CP helis flying mostly scale to sport mode or style. (no 3D) I never had a LiPo last more than 75-85 charges before retiring it.

It is unlikely that DJI has any special or exceptional battery formulation that would allow their branded batteries to perform any differently.

I will never buy an MR 'platform' with proprietary or similar OEM battery requirements again.

Wecome to the forum Zoltan :D
Yes there are some issues with some of the batteries' and a lot of threads in here on them . Here's one for ya to look at and you will get some idea ! viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26733

1 year and 80+ cycles is more than most despite the promises that DJI makes. We are collecting information on all the bad batteries in attempt to get DJI to do something about them. Please share data about your bad battery here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26733

Here is the video flight log on a battery which was 7 months old and was alternated with another battery from the twin DJI pack. Would have had about 40 flights and never displayed symptoms before.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYl4fZ1i6q8[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj