Phantom has disconnected - android phone prob?

Reaction score
So,
I went upstate this weekend and flew the phantom like 3 times and was able to get to 600 feet didn't want to push it higher due to airplane interference and 1200 feet away...but the last time i flew it on my FPV on my android phone I kept getting phantom disconnect error. I then went to the main screen and all of a sudden the camera was there and functioning..the only thing i can think of is I didn't recharge the transmitter at all...so Im wondering does the transmitter as it loses its battery power start to throw off random disconnects? has anyone else experienced this?

Just courious, are you running 3.04 firmware? I got intermittent lose of connection under 3.02 but after upgrading and only having 2 flights since I kept getting connection broken and network errors yesterday. Also the network errors were the first ever. This is flying in my backyard which is the only place I have flown to date and about 20 or more flights so far.

The only thing different other then the firmware update was that I was flying in naza mode for first time and did re-calibrate everything after the update.

I have a Samsung S3 Galaxy phone.

No I have not upgraded my firmware at all...there are two firmware upgrades one on the phantom itself and one on the transmitter. I don't like the fact they have changed the descent to a slow methodical descent as sometimes I'm low on battery and want this thing to come down as fast as possible. The airport restriction is good...for those that try to fly these things near airports. I try to be responsible. even though i overrode the height restriction to 2000 feet I won't go about 600. and most times try to keep it at 400 feet only. Im thinking it has something to do with the recharge on the transmitter as you need to recharge it according to DJI to full every time before you fly. and i flew it about 4 times that day without a recharge..it it goes low i think the connection with your phone can go in and out by itself. Funny thing is it flew fine i just lost FPV on it. when i saw that i brought the bird back down.
one thing that bugs me it has tilted over twice after landing on its own. and i don't want to mess up the props...dont know why this happens thinking maybe I'm not landing on level ground or just not slow enough.

by the way my motto is if it aint broke dont fix it. I see no reason to upgrade at this point...the phantom is responding for the most part great. I have great control over it and I'm happy. If i get 200 flights out of this thing...i'll be more daring..because at that point if i lost the bird...i can rationalize spending 1300 to fly it 200 times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4