Phantom GPS

Reaction score
I know we should not have to do these things- but has anybody tried to mount an
elevated GPS antenna on top of their Phantom? It seems this would space the electronics
further away and stop some interference. Just a thought.

Yes. Some users here did do this already

file.php

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28996

Thanks- Noel
I have viewed the posts and have ordered the parts for the mod. I figure this will help
increase the number. Have to do something.

I did these modifications and the GPS count went from 6-8 to 8-10.
A big improvement! Disconnected the leg compass and ran the calibration software.
Works great! Thanks guys for the past posts on this.

Attachments

• HPIM0676.JPG
    HPIM0676.JPG
    988.1 KB · Views: 529
That looks good but wont the wire get caught by the prop?? Might just be the angle of the pic that makes it look that way :)

Question what is the pat number or model for the elevated GPS Antenna and is it a simple unplug current antenna and plug in the new antenna in the phantom vision 2+?

Guys- I can assure you there is plenty of room. The picture makes it look closer than it is. I haven't
had a tip over yet and that is my greatest concern. It folds down to store in my case.
Thanks- Al

RJNear- Yes it plugged right in- you just have to watch the height of the new plug. Point the
GPS with the arrow to the front and run the software.

DJI Naza-M V2 GPS Module
GPS Aluminum Folding Antenna Mount

Thanks- Al

alwil338 said:
RJNear- Yes it plugged right in- you just have to watch the height of the new plug. Point the
GPS with the arrow to the front and run the software.

DJI Naza-M V2 GPS Module
GPS Aluminum Folding Antenna Mount

Thanks- Al

Thanks for the info I did this upgrade and I am not getting 7-10 plus satellites and no longer dropping when video recording. I had done the cooper foil shielding mod but was only able to get 6-7 and typically would drop to 5 once I started recording.

Thanks again for this info.

Robert

So I bought my third bird-- this time the V3. Initially, I am Very happy with GPS and receive 4-5 more sats than any of my previous birds. Even got 6 in my house where I never received more than 1-2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav