Phantom GCU video-out

Miika said:
The Zenmuse/Phantom GCU has 3.5mm video out. Is the GoPro videofeed for FPV coming out of that? Might sound a stupid question, but I'm a noob with FPV and the tech behind it.

Basically yes! The 3.5mm jack plugs into the GCU and the feed out of there is.....
Red Wire: +5v
Yellow Wire: Composite Video Out
Black wire: Gnd

This way I wouldnt need to plug the USB cable to my GoPro, but I could neatly take the video out from the GCU. I think this is much better for the gimbal as adding USB cable to a stabilized GoPro might take some tricks to get it working in a way that it doesnt cause any issues with gimbal.

Yes - as long as you have the version 1.0 of the H3-3D (with the GP interface plug at the back) then that's the best way to take you video feed.
It makes for a very clean instal and you can still get to your micro SD card and the GoPro gets charged at the same time ! :D

Miika said:
Unfortunately I havev Phantom v1.1.1 with Zenmuse H3-2D and the GCU. Does this change the situation? :roll:

Nope, you're good to go...the H3-2D works the same way and the video feed comes out through the port on the rear and on through to the GCU and beyond. Does your Phantom not have the upgrade board installed?

Miika said:
It has Naza V2 and GCU. It had some 3rd "box" besides those two, maybe its the upgrade board your talking about.

That sounds like the PMU, which would be necessary for the gimbal if you don't have the upgrade board...I'm guessing your GCU has a cable connecting it to that 3rd box you see.

The upgrade board is a replacement for the stock mainboard in 1st-gen Phantoms like yours, the PMU and GCU are built in to the board so it saves a bit of weight and space, but the components you have work just as well. I just wanted to make sure they weren't redundant for you. This pic illustrates all that (if your mainboard looks like the one at the top of the image, you don't have the upgrade board):

NewMotherboardCompare.jpg

I'm afraid not, you've got the original stock mainboard rather than the upgrade board. You do have the option of installing one though if you want to replace the GCU and PMU as well with that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1