Phantom flyaway gimbal and camera use

Ash

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Anyone who has read my posts will know I was doomed with bad luck after receiving my Phantom 2. I can now say after purchasing my new Phantom 2 v2 I am restoring my confidence slowly. I am still a little anxious about flyaways and I am wondering if flyaways are related to an electrical field emitted by the use of the gimbal and camera, hence the reason for DJI fitting the new shielded compass to the v2. This is something I would like to get to the bottom of so has anyone ever had a flyaway while flying without the gimbal and camera attached. Thanks and best regards.

with the amount of Phantoms sold with the H3-3D there would be a major pattern if it was that interfering. Mine (with H3-3D) has never flown a rotor wrong

Thanks, after seeing the flyaways on youtube, it seems more prominent that flyaways are more so with the gimbal attached

Consider the fact that you're watching videos of flyaways. nearly everyone who films with a phantom uses a gimbal so it makes sense that nearly every video you see uses a gimbal due to the fact that they were filming in the first place. Obviously you can't watch videos of flyaways when someone wasn't filming.

Hi. Yes of course but folks here could simply ad if they have had a flyaway without a gimbal connected, I wasn't really asking for video previews of phantom flyaways.
Thanks

mynameisgordy said:
Consider the fact that you're watching videos of flyaways. nearly everyone who films with a phantom uses a gimbal so it makes sense that nearly every video you see uses a gimbal due to the fact that they were filming in the first place. Obviously you can't watch videos of flyaways when someone wasn't filming.

Unless someone was spying with one of those evil drones thingies! :twisted:

Oh wait we're supposed to support drone usage!

Maybe the second drone is doing more than just spying on the flyaway drone. Maybe it forced the first drone to fly away in the first place! Just sayin'... :twisted:

Come on guys!!

It does seem that no one has posted a flyaway, just saying they have had one when using the Phantom without the gimbal and camera. There is a post here showing the Gopro emits a lot of RF. Thanks

how many people use Phantoms without a gimbal or camera?

I do, simply because I am still learning, when I get my confidence back I will reconnect the gimbal and camera. The phantom is quite easy to fly I know, but not so easy to fly accurately.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr