Phantom Flite Times

Reaction score
What kind of SAFE flying time can be expected out of 2200mAH batts and
what would one consider to be the average FailSafe time line.
Thanks
Slugger

It depends in the equipment that you are flying around I have a gimble and gopro and I'm flying over weight so with the phantom battery I'm getting 6 mins before red light that is flying aggressively , hovering and slow flying I usually get 8-11 minutes . Now when I use a hobby people battery with the same equipment I only get 4 minute flight time same 2200 same c rating but it won't perform like the phantom battery will , I'm a true believer that spend the money on a good battery, I use to buy the cheap hobby king battery's but the flight times were real short hope this helps

I fly a relatively heavy Phantom, (gimbal+FPV), and I get around 6 minutes as well before the red light starts blinking.- and that's with relatively mild flying.

With gopro on, I set my iPhone timer for 5 minutes, then I start bringing it home. That gives one to two minutes of rescue room, then one to two minutes of panic and horror time.

I always fly with the GoPro Hero3 attached. I have my iPhonetimer on 9 minutes and often fly
in manual mode, fast and fun. Last Friday i used 5 batterypacks this way and 5 on smooth mild
videorecording flying, the difference in what I charged back in the packs was very little,
it varied from 1650 mA to 1770 mA.

The important thing to remember is that you should not take out more than 80% of the pack,
for the standard Phantom battery it is 1760 mA (80% of 2200). You should also never come
lower than 3.2V for each cell.

The battery limit on the Phantom is very conservative, it shines far to early for my taste,
better safe than sorry, I guess :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers