Phantom flips over after repairs

Reaction score
HI, I am new to the RC world. I bought my phantom about two months ago and practiced everyday. I got a little over confident at a pool party and tried to show off and the phantom ended up in the pool! :eek: A friend of mine that is into electronics told me to wash it with 70% alcohol so it does not corrode, so I did. To my surprise after it dried up and I connected the battery and the Phantom came on! I used the remote and only two of the motors were spinning. I notice the ESC boards on other two motors that did not come on were burned. I tried to get someone to fix it but my dealer said I have to get the parts and fix it myself. So I ordered two ESC boards (1 green and 1 red as needed) and two new replacement motors. Once I got them I put in new ESC boards and 2 new motors. Everything came on and seemed fine. I used Naza assist to re-calibrate the IMUs. Also checked the controller using the software and it seems fine. When I go to fly however it flips over before it takes off. It tends to push forward and to the left. The new motors and ESCs are one in front and one in back of the left side. Does anyone have any idea what I have to do to fix this please? Could it be that I should change all motors? Or maybe another part is damages and I need to change it? I appreciate any thought you guys may have.

The motors probably did not need to be replaced, they can get wet.

When you replaced the esc's, and connected the motors did you start it without the props, to make sure the motors spin the correct way ?
Also without the props, run the throttle lever up, and see if all 4 motors react the same, and with the Naza Assistant, do an
advanced calibration, and if you haven't already downloaded the newest firmware, and software, that should be done too.

Did you take the Naza controller apart to make sure it isn't full of water ?

Ok so I just realized one of the motors is spinning backwards! I checked the connections and everything looks right. I did not take the naza out. I will try that next! Thanks
I did check the naza for x not + and originally it was set that way. I changed it. I will try again to see if if switched back.

Here is my update! I called the place I bought the parts from and they told me to switch the cables on the motor that spins backwards so it can spin the right direction. I did that and checked all propellers and motors spin the right way. But still the phantom flips over. Any ideas?

av1pro said:
Here is my update! I called the place I bought the parts from and they told me to switch the cables on the motor that spins backwards so it can spin the right direction. I did that and checked all propellers and motors spin the right way. But still the phantom flips over. Any ideas?

Double check if props are in rigth motor according to its turn direction.

I checked the props. They all are correct. I tried manual mode also and it still flips. Maybe the Naza controller is messed up?
On Naza M software on view menu under channel monitor:
U -796
X1 57
X2 797

that is in GPS mode on radio. Does that seem right?

IT'S FIXED! Ok the motor did need to be rewired but I did a dumb move also. :shock: I had accidentally swapped M1 and M2 inputs on the Naza! Thank you guys so much for your help!

Audaciter said:
So glad you were able to get it working with minimal repairs.

Also, you learned quite a bit !

Yes I learned so much! I think it was worth it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31