phantom firmware update,not working!

Reaction score
Hello,

I can't seem to update my phantom 4 firmware no matter what I do. It's my second phantom 4. The first one i had updated fine. After I first started her up and opened the dji app on my galaxy s6 the firmware pop up came up and asked me to update. After that it asked me to update my radio. And everything wet smooth. However, I returned that phantom because I had gimble problems.

On to my second phantom. I just got home with it around 3pm. It's been four hours and nothing. I connect everything and go to camera mode but it never gives me the pop up to update. After several reboots of everything and reinstalling the app several times it eventually gave a notice to update my radio but nothing for the phantom itself.

I then downloaded the assistant 2 software on windows and Connected my phantom, downloaded the new firmware but it fails every time It tries to update.

Can someone give me some advice. Is there a way to manually update the phantom thru the app on my phone instead of waiting for the pop up? I really would like to do it thru the app.

Last edited:
Hello,

I can't seem to update my phantom 4 firmware no matter what I do. It's my second phantom 4. The first one i had updated fine. After I first started her up and opened the dji app on my galaxy s6 the firmware pop up came up and asked me to update. After that it asked me to update my radio. And everything wet smooth. However, I returned that phantom because I had gimble problems.

On to my second phantom. I just got home with it around 3pm. It's been four hours and nothing. I connect everything and go to camera mode but it never gives me the pop up to update. After several reboots of everything and reinstalling the app several times it eventually gave a notice to update my radio but nothing for the phantom itself.

I then downloaded the assistant 2 software on windows and Connected my phantom, downloaded the new firmware but it fails every time It tries to update.

Can someone give me some advice. Is there a way to manually update the phantom thru the app on my phone instead of waiting for the pop up? I really would like to do it thru the app.
There is an adapter included with your P4; that allows you to connect your device to the
Hello,

You better just call customer support; ther is sooo, sooo much wrong with your description I fear you have another very expensive paper-weight!

1. DJI/Customer service

upload_2016-3-19_17-46-2.png
    1 (818) 235-0789

Try using a different computer. I was in the same boat, multiple unsuccessful update attempts, then I switched to an old laptop, and the updates and refreshes are working 100%. Even tested downgrading and back with no problems.

Yesterday when I fired up my PH4, the App told me I needed to update. I went to DJI and downloaded the
DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.2 Released on 2016-03-19
I then tried to load it from my Mac to the Micro SD so I could plug it into the Phantom, but it would not load onto the SD card. The Micro SD was formatted in my PH4. I tried 2 different cards. This method worked on my Phantom 3 Advanced a few weeks ago.

So then I tried to update from the Go App, downloaded the firmware, then realized I don't have the adapter cord to go from USB to Micro USB on the Phantom. So I order the adapter, but in the meantime I'm grounded.

then realized I don't have the adapter cord to go from USB to Micro USB on the Phantom
An adapter comes with the Phantom 4.

My first p4 refused to recognize my ipad or my laptop. Tried different computer, cables and my iphone. It was a faulty usb port on the p4. Exchanged the p4 at the apple store and everything is fine now.
I wound up updating the p4 thru my ipad. Couldnt get the dji assist sofrware to work in my laptop running windows.

Last edited:
Don't bother with updating everyone else agrees

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What exactly do we all agree about?

Well in another thread I posted a question, what happens if I ignore updates ? Most people in the thread agree that nothing happens and infact there were some examples of drones that lost their range as well, so my own policy is don't upgrade, it isn't compulsory and your bird will fly just the same.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

so my own policy is don't upgrade, it isn't compulsory and your bird will fly just the same.
Ah. I guess I don't agree then -- I always update ;)

That's only because you do what your told.
Hah, not quite. In this case, the firmware change log included new features I wanted to use. In other cases, I like to be on the latest firmware to take advantage of the latest fixes.

I update and I still get an update warning when I start up. It soon goes away
and then I get a good to go signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues