phantom fell out of the sky doa

Reaction score
I just downloaded litchi took it out for its first flight with new system. It climbed nicely to about 100 feet, started forward about a min into the flight the motors stopped and it fell out of the sky, camera broken, gimble all bent out of shape , one landing gear broken off, what a mess for a new phantom 4 with less than 5 hours of flight time. Question has there been any reports of problems with litchi never had this problem with dji go
thank you for any help with this matter

drone less pilot

yikes, i just got litchi but haven't used it ....... hmmmm ... ive heard some folks saying they've had issues with litchi and others who swear by it. getting a bit nervous to try it.....

Can almost guarantee you need to be looking somewhere other than at litchi for the cause if this unfortunate outcome. What was your battery level at launch. How long since battery charged/flown. Upload your flight log to HD, here may be some clues there.

Reactions: chazzm and Pharm
Total loss of power mid-flight is usually an equipment malfunction or inadvertent CSC pilot error shutdown. Did you notice if the lights were off as it fell? Software can cause crazy behavior, but I've never heard of software totally shutting off power mid-flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: chazzm
yikes, i just got litchi but haven't used it ....... hmmmm ... ive heard some folks saying they've had issues with litchi and others who swear by it. getting a bit nervous to try it.....
I called dji and they said when I turned on the litchi it cancelled the warrenty on my new machine

Total loss of power mid-flight is usually an equipment malfunction or inadvertent CSC pilot error shutdown. Did you notice if the lights were off as it fell? Software can cause crazy behavior, but I've never heard of software totally shutting off power mid-flight.
did not notice if light were on or off was just watching in disbelief

Can almost guarantee you need to be looking somewhere other than at litchi for the cause if this unfortunate outcome. What was your battery level at launch. How long since battery charged/flown. Upload your flight log to HD, here may be some clues there.

battery was fully charged came off of charger 20 min before flight, flew a week ago do not know how to upload flight log

I called dji and they said when I turned on the litchi it cancelled the warrenty on my new machine
Person you spoke to is ill informed. Only time you may see warranty denied where litchi was used is where you can't recover and provide the AC for flight log analysis (ie DJI can, seemingly reasonably, argue that without the flight log it's impossible to conclude whether AC hardware or software issue was the cause). DJI does not lie the litchi flight logs either, they aren't encrypted (subject to tampering) and it has been suggested contain less detail than those produced by the GO app.

Go to healthy drones, upload log file and share the link here and you may get a lot closer to understanding what happened.

Reactions: chazzm
Post your flight logs so we can hopefully tell you what happened. In the meantime, two questions: 1. Were all the props present and attached after the crash?, 2. Was the battery still in the Phantom after the crash? If not, how far away was it after the crash?

Post your flight logs so we can hopefully tell you what happened. In the meantime, two questions: 1. Were all the props present and attached after the crash?, 2. Was the battery still in the Phantom after the crash? If not, how far away was it after the crash?

props still attached, battery still in the drone why can the drone be turned off in mid flight, that seems like a bad design issue. It will still fly but will not maintain altitude without input, where do I send this for repair,

props still attached, battery still in the drone why can the drone be turned off in mid flight, that seems like a bad design issue. It will still fly but will not maintain altitude without input, where do I send this for repair,
Start with more calls to DJI. you can't let one phone call shoot you down. Keep calling until someone gets you straight. No way you should pay for this.

Given there is a good chance warranty coverage may apply you should send to DJI for assessment. if you had posted your log file here you would have a better idea as to whether warranty may apply.

why can the drone be turned off in mid flight, that seems like a bad design issue. ,

Sorry for your loss, but until we know why, let's not blame everything else. The Phantom is designed to be turn off mid flight for emergencies (eg fly into people, objects etc and possibly cause serious damage to others). It's clearly in the manual and most instructions on YouTube etc. In summary it's not a bad design it's a good design, without it would be a bad design. Sorry but you did ask.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Probably not, but I guess one would struggle to explain missing logs (when flying using Litchi) from DJIGO app that are auto uploaded to their servers. They would (reasonably) want to review same to see what caused problem..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic