Phantom fell into the bay - suggestions?

Reaction score
I was flying my P3S over the bay today when it dropped into the water. I have it sitting in rice right now.... I'm thinking about taking the shell off and blow drying the inside. Any suggestions here on what to do to hopefully save it are greatly appreciated...

I know it sounds counter intuitive, but you really need to get the salt water out of it.(otherwise it will just corrode in 3 months time) Rinse all parts out with distilled water, use 100% pure isopropyl alcohol to around some of the components to dry them out better.

I know it sounds counter intuitive, but you really need to get the salt water out of it.(otherwise it will just corrode in 3 months time) Rinse all parts out with distilled water, use 100% pure isopropyl alcohol to around some of the components to dry them out better.

Luckily it wasn't salt water. Thanks for the tip - really appreciated.

It's been posted that burying it in a sack of rice for a week will dry it out nicely - and people have reported it has saved the craft and made if flyable again.

It's been posted that burying it in a sack of rice for a week will dry it out nicely - and people have reported it has saved the craft and made if flyable again.

Thanks. I'm going to buy more rice today so I can bury it entirely.

Last edited:
Yeah ... same question ... pilot error or something malfunction ? Share please
Unless it was clearly pilot error, then I would not open the shell as this would probably void any chance of a warranty claim.

My bird loves the water.
I wouldn't try that on a lake, a big fish might think it is a big flying bug like a dragonfly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik