Phantom FC40 Camera

Reaction score
Interesting addition to the range of products

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-fc40/

Dave

Phantom-FC40-8.jpg

Drone7 said:
Nice but is for Phantom 1

Wait a second... You could buy a Phantom 1 for about $475.00, buy this camera and you'd be very close to a P2V except for the battery life... Umm....

P2V battery = $159.00
P21 battery = $25.00

Battery life for P2V = 20 minutes
Battery life for P1 = 10 minutes...

1 spare battery for P2V = 40 total minutes flying time
4 spare batteries for P1 = 50 total minutes flying time...

What's this camera going to cost? Let's say it's $200...

That's $775.00 out of pocket for the PV1 with 50 total minutes battery life and a 720P camera you can run from your smart phone. It doesn't have the battery failure issues and has been a pretty rock solid platform for quite some time now.

Is the camera in the P2V that much better? Better integration? All this so I don't have to bring the craft in for a battery change quite as often?

Is this new camera going to cost $400??? I'm missing something... Please help me here... :?: :roll:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Drone7 said:
Nice but is for Phantom 1

Wait a second... You could buy a Phantom 1 for about $475.00, buy this camera and you'd be very close to a P2V except for the battery life... Umm....

P2V battery = $159.00
P21 battery = $25.00

Battery life for P2V = 20 minutes
Battery life for P1 = 10 minutes...

1 spare battery for P2V = 40 total minutes flying time
4 spare batteries for P1 = 50 total minutes flying time...

What's this camera going to cost? Let's say it's $200...

That's $775.00 out of pocket for the PV1 with 50 total minutes battery life and a 720P camera you can run from your smart phone. It doesn't have the battery failure issues and has been a pretty rock solid platform for quite some time now.

Is the camera in the P2V that much better? Better integration? All this so I don't have to bring the craft in for a battery change quite as often?

Is this new camera going to cost $400??? I'm missing something... Please help me here... :?: :roll:

-slinger

But..... It's a lower spec camera, and no tilt or gimbal. It also uses 2.4GHz.
The range will be gopro like unless you buy an extender...
And -- I really wouldn't want to be using a boosted 2.4GHz wifi with the 2.4GHz control channel....
Hmm.....

2.4 ghz, not sure what will happen if you use a 2.4 ghz wifi cam with a 2.4 ghz tx but they sell it like this, it should work then i think'?

I dont see that there is a range extender included 89 euro
and a vison camera is 419 euro
phone mount 19 euro

and one of the reason i have the PV is that there is only one battery needed. In this camera Fc40 there is an internal battery so another charger is needed and i am already happy that i cleaned my desk with all the chargers from the f550 :D

My first PV (dealer send me a new one) had no tilt function because of the app that didn´t work as it should and i really missed the tilt function until i received my new one.

That is very strange... I wonder if they knew it would make all the P2V owners upset so they pulled it back for a bit. Anyone else just seriously wish they waited like a couple months for the PV before buying :?

whitewatersalvo said:
That is very strange... I wonder if they knew it would make all the P2V owners upset so they pulled it back for a bit. Anyone else just seriously wish they waited like a couple months for the PV before buying :?

<---- raises hand !!!

That's what I'm so upset about. I understand the P2V has more functionality than the P1 1.1.1 with this camera, but it's an option I probably would have opted for considering what I use the bird for. They, I'm guessing here, could have introduced them both at the same time and given us an option on which way to go. I'm also guessing that THEY guessed it would negatively impact sales of the P2V ESPECIALLY considering all of the "issues" we've seen since it's introduction... I'm turning into not so much of a DJI fan and I really didn't expect to wind up on this side of the fence. I really thoroughly enjoy the P2V when all is well. :| :| :|

-slinger

gpauk said:
Odd -- they've removed the app for it too, from Google...

Huh.... Do these guys closely follow the forums? Has anyone seen any other negative feedback about this camera in other forums?

-slinger

I got the original link from FB, and the group owner was contacted by DJI today and told
to remove it :)

You could do a search on their website for "Phantom" and it came up anyway :D

Looks like it may be a bit more than just the camera

Dave

1452519_10152428026899689_1656366001_n.jpg

mitchsden said:
I got the original link from FB, and the group owner was contacted by DJI today and told
to remove it :)

You could do a search on their website for "Phantom" and it came up anyway :D

Looks like it may be a bit more than just the camera

Dave

1452519_10152428026899689_1656366001_n.jpg

Ahhh.... It's an entirely new bird!!!! :roll:

Soooo... the plain original phantom goes for $399-449... Phantom Vision at $999... this one should fit in at around $699-749?

LeoS said:
Soooo... the plain original phantom goes for $399-449... Phantom Vision at $999... this one should fit in at around $699-749?

Phantom Vision at $999 ??? I paid $1,299...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20