Phantom FC40 - all motors damaged. :-( - newbie questions

Reaction score
Hey guys.
First, i'm from Belgium, so excuse me for any writing mistakes.

I'm about 15 years in the rc scene, but only with rc cars.

Last week, i got an opportunity for buying a Phantom RC40 really cheap.

After spending a couple of evenings reading, i was into the light codes and other useful things i needed to know for safe flying.

So ... the first flight went really well. Started in GPS mode.

Switch on the right - control mode switch in the upper position - GPS mode
Switch on the left - IOC switch in the upper positions - Couse Lock / Home Lock off

Whaaaauuuuuwwww ! ! ! That thing is so stable ! ! ! Thumbs up for DJI ! ! ! I am a fan. Not so nervous as my 11 year old son his little 'toy' drones. I am impressed.

But ... i made a huge mistake. I wanted to fly with the prop guards removed. So ... after removing the prop guards, the DJI did not fly as smooth as before.
Hmmm ... strange. All settings were o.k. and GPS mode was also activated. But the Phantom was nervous and not hovering stable at all.

Did a second attempt and then the props refused to spin at speed. Like they were hesitating.

So i found out what i did wrong. I used the long scews for the prop guards instead of the shorter screws. Augh. Painful.

So ... i need four new motors. Can anyone advice me into my search? Do i need DJI 1 motors or DJI 2 motors? Any recomandations? Maybe 'upgrade' motors? All tips and info are welcome.

Grtz from the cold and wet Belgium. Thanks in advance.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. I went to an rc shop that is specialized in drones. They will put new motors in the frame and test it properly. Keep you all posted.

Attachments

• IMG_4337.PNG
    IMG_4337.PNG
    273.3 KB · Views: 573
Got the FC40 back and yes, it's flying SUPER! Als managed to reset the gimbal thanks to this youtube link:

This is my first flight.

Next on my wish list: connecting to naza. That doesn't seems to work out for me. Grrr ... :(

Reactions: Trucknutz36582

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl