Phantom escaped and crashed:(

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've had that horrible crash 2 days ago, and I'm still shaken. I've send Phantom to service, but have no response yet so I'm looking for answers...
I've started to fly about 100 meters from an electric traction. I thought it's a safe distance and I was going to fly in a close distance. But just after I started, I've niticed that Phantom is drifting a bit, I've tried to return but it started to fly with a high speed straight to electicic traction, I had no control at all. It hit the traction and has fallen down to concret. When I've found it, it was in 3 pieces. Phantom, battery and camera separated in the middle engine of gimbal. I belive this crash was the worst feeling in my live - seriously...

Anyway, I've tried to run it in a safe place and it was flying - so engine, battery etc works, it was also connecting by wifi with phone, but there was no signal of camera and other info.
Camera is separated but I hope there's no other damages inside...
The question is - do you know how expensive might be fixing the separate camera (camera and gimball looks quite good but are in two pieces and the black data tape is of course broken. Some grey cables from drone to gimball are out as well.
Phantom has also a black line mark on the top that comes probably from the electric traction, thanks god it did't melt it just left a mark on it.
Do you think it is fixable and it'll be flying again? and how much might it cost?

Sorry I can't estimate cost.

But, what is electric traction?

Wires, pole, transformer?, in the U.S I have not heard of this term or description.

I would not fly anywhere near power lines, they emit RF interference.

Because flying near power lines emits too much RF interference.

its stupid.

like why has my car got no control when i am steer on ice.

robinb said:
Because flying near power lines emits too much RF interference.

its stupid.

like why has my car got no control when i am steer on ice.

You am right, is stupid, Robin. This week I are be flying near electrickery sub-stations, but not do again :lol:

Now I know it was stupid as hell... I would have switched to atti but it happened so fast I was simply shocked and when I thought clearly it was all over.
It was some distance from the pylons so I didn't expect it will happen. It worked like a magnesium - now I wouldnt fly even 1 km from pylons...
What about the camera? Do you know if there is a way to fix separated gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31