Phantom ESC Issue

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am having a very strange issue. All 4 ESCs are arming just fine, however once I try to start them up all the motors just jitter(almost like a timing issue). I have changed out the main powerboard thinking this was the issue, but it was not. Any ideas why all 4 escs would just start this?

Is there anyway to program just the ESCs?

I have tried to just hook up one of the escs to an RX and power and I am getting the same issue.....

I'm hoping that you haven't been using the prop guards,
some people have accidentally taken the prop guards off, then screwed the long (wrong) screws back into the Phantom arms, only to seriously damage their motors.

No, there is no way to calibrated the ESC's on the Phantom, nor is there a need to do so.

Gizmo3000 said:
I'm hoping that you haven't been using the prop guards,
some people have accidentally taken the prop guards off, then screwed the long (wrong) screws back into the Phantom arms, only to seriously damage their motors.

My first quote/gasp as well reading this.

I am betting that's what I did.... Didn't even think of that... gurrrrr

So you you thing the motors or ESCs are toast?
I am just going to replace them.

dizzane said:
I am betting that's what I did.... Didn't even think of that... gurrrrr

So you you thing the motors or ESCs are toast?
I am just going to replace them.

bummers.
start by unscrewing the screws and see if the motors still turn perhaps.
if damaged, imagine you'll only have to replace the motors. $100 mistake. :(

if it makes you feel any better,. I've seen problem come up a half dozen times or more, DJI didn't do a very good job of educating users to only use prop guard screws with prop guards and use the shorter screws when removing the prop guards.

Yep. I even knew about this. But, I put on aftermarket guards for larger props and those screws were a bit too long.

They only managed to take out the counter clock motors. It doesn't take much.

So, that is not ESC. But, when I put the Anti-Grav Motors on, now it won't do the motor test in Assistant.

Has anyone had problems soldering back the motor leads? Are the ESCs especially fragile? I was pretty careful. Just like the videos, etc.

The Nav Lights underneath are OK.

I see they have test pads. Anyone know any tests?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31