Phantom + DX6i

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the world of Phantom (so new in fact that I don't even have it yet!) but thought I'd check out the forums to start.

So I have a AR Drone 2.0 at the moment, and have the MiruMod RF kit with a DX6i. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the easiest way to get the Phantom to work with my DX6i?

Is it a simple replacement of the Rx, or will I need to do some programming?

Also, I've spring-loaded the left-hand joystick. Should I undo this? Seems like the videos of the Phantom have the left stick pointing downwards as default?

Cheers!
Dom.

Hi,

The phantom comes with a 6 channels radio already.
Should you still wish to fly with your DX6i, it's a matter of replacing the receiver in the phantom.

Ah great stuff thanks! Does anybody know how easy/hard that is? Is it just a case of swapping the hardware, or will I need to program anything?

I have a DX6i and asked the same questions. You need to change the RX in the Phantom to the relevant Spektrum one, and then Bind them. My dealer offered to do it, but would need my DX6i, so he could do the binding, which has to be done before re-assembling the Phantom body. Have not decided at present, as I am quite happy with the supplied TX.

Most people would go for the DX8i because with the additional channels, you can set the RTH via the Tx and reset to regain the control without doing: throttle down, power ON, throttle half way, GPS to ATTI (and some time back to GPS). ANd the other channel for dual GAIN setting.
The DX6i won't give you the above advantages but you will get a better range, especially when you go for the dual RX.

Ah cheers, yeah I saw that rcgroups one but there was no mention of the DX6i, but I guess if you don't get all the features then that makes sense really.

I'll probs stick to the standard TX to start I think. :)

The stock tx work good, but I'd love to have the ability to trigger rth on the controller, so im probably switching to a DX8 this week.

One of my phantoms arms are kinda bent too, but it still flies fine. I still decided to replace the phantom shell with the F450 frame, since I can't seem to find anyone selling the spare shells. (that have them in stock.)

Will put together a thread about my progress when I get the stuff :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj