Phantom dead

Reaction score
Ok, i admit it. I have not flown for several weeks. But prior I have enjoyed many flights, with no issues whatsoever. I wanted to try it today with my shiny new iPhone 6, but alas the bird simply will not power on. The batteries were left at roughly 75% charge, but they will not start charging, even after being turned on first. But even with 75% charge, no power at all on the bird.

The last time I flew it, I had no problems whatsoever. I have four batteries, and two chargers, symptoms are the same. Is there an internal fuse somewhere? <sigh>

The power contacts are fine, and clean, as well as the small battery comm contacts. By fussing around a bit, I did get one my four batteries to start charging. But when it completed, the Phantom is still dead. Guess I am going to have to perform some minor bird surgery, open it up and see if I can find something out of whack. A project for another day, I am afraid.

DCGOO said:
Ok, i admit it. I have not flown for several weeks. But prior I have enjoyed many flights, with no issues whatsoever. I wanted to try it today with my shiny new iPhone 6, but alas the bird simply will not power on. The batteries were left at roughly 75% charge, but they will not start charging, even after being turned on first. But even with 75% charge, no power at all on the bird.

The last time I flew it, I had no problems whatsoever. I have four batteries, and two chargers, symptoms are the same. Is there an internal fuse somewhere? <sigh>

So let me understand correctly.
1. The battery doesn't charge
2. The Phantom doesn't turn on as well
?

HeliGuy said:
So let me understand correctly.
1. The battery doesn't charge
2. The Phantom doesn't turn on as well
?

That is correct. Since my original post though, I was able to get one of the four batteries to charge. The others will not start, even when turning them on first. They are indicating near full charge (three lights on, one flashing), but the phantom is still dead. I have not had a chance to open it up yet. Maybe tonight.

I would try turning on the battery that is working and test the output with a voltmeter. To have that many batteries go bad is strange.

DCGOO said:

I had a similar issue. Let the batteries fully charged for 2 weeks. Went to fly today and both batteries said they were not authentic DJI batteries. WTF? I was able to power the bird on, but could not get the battery percentage on the app, and could not start the props using CSC. So I figured I'd let it sit there powered on until to drain the batteries then charge them back up. This worked.

So power them on, let them drain (not lower than 8%), and re-charge.

-Scott

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20