Phantom crashes wedding reception

Reaction score
I'm not sure who seen the news and video of the phantom drone over the dance floor full of people. The drone crashed into the crowd and broke the nose of one lady and a another lady had to have stiches. (They're both suing)
Supposedly, the groom was flying the drone. I bet his honeymoon didn't go as good for him at all[emoji15]! My point is people need to be smart when and where they are flying, i.e. over a crowd of people on the dance inside a tent= not smart.

burtg

The gent commented that the groom was not allowed to fly because of a close by heli port and water landing strip. If your flying indoors, the FAA has no authority.

So here's my question, where does it state you can't fly over a crowd indoors?

Dont you 'muricans have something called "due dilligence?"

If you need it in writing that you "must not cause harm to your wedding guests" you should not be allowed out of the house let alone acess to a drone.

He knew there was a risk and he took that risk. Now he has to pay the price for his descisions.

Just because the FAA doesnt say in print its illegal doesnt make it a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I didn't say he was/wasn't allowed to fly, I just was stating it wasn't smart over a large crowd indoors. If you seen the video from inside the tent there wasn't any room for correction error.

burtg

The gent commented that the groom was not allowed to fly because of a close by heli port and water landing strip. If your flying indoors, the FAA has no authority.

So here's my question, where does it state you can't fly over a crowd indoors?

Acceptable question. However, in the United States people can sue for anything. Doesn't matter if it's legal or illegal. If someone inconveniences you in the slightest, you can sue. Doesn't necessarily mean it will go anywhere, but you have every right to hire a lawyer and pursue the suit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj