Phantom crash in public car park Guilin China

Reaction score
On easter Sunday here in Guilin some fool with a P3S decided to fly his drone around one of the most the famous sites (twin pagodas) at 8 P.M. For some reason he lost control and crashed landed on a public car park causing damage to the car he hit. Wouldn't have been half as bad is it wasn't a government officials car. I live here about 6 months each year and have never had any issues around the tourist sites before today when i was approached by two policemen telling me i can no longer fly any drone at any place within the city itself. Most of the sights I fly at are large public parks and with normal care puts no one at risk. Now I cant even fly on an empty football field practising my figure 8 and S bends. The owner of the P3S was from the USA on holiday and his drone is now still with the Chinese police and wont be returned and i was also advised that they will confiscate any "drone" that is not being used for "official" business. I have a UAV licence here in China and use the P3 to make as part of my business taking wedding photos and movies. To be told I cant fly now because of some "fool" has made me very angry.

Put on the crisp tuxedo with tails, and get back to the air show... ;-)
Wishful for you, your piloting fun, won't be curtailed, completely. Hopefully too you can find some resolve, perhaps through official channels. Good luck.

RedHotPoker

Did the news report who is that American idiot? Another drone cowboy as a tourist? Last year there was an American tourist flew his Phantom over the Sydney Opera House, such arrogant bastard who has no regard for local rules. With Chinese communist party in powerful control over the country, I wouldn't be surprise if they throw that guy in a jail.

Accidents do happen and authorities get alerted. Additional restrictions are imposed just to present to media that actions have been initiated. It's unfortunate for that's the way system works.

Did the news report who is that American idiot? Another drone cowboy as a tourist? Last year there was an American tourist flew his Phantom over the Sydney Opera House, such arrogant bastard who has no regard for local rules. With Chinese communist party in powerful control over the country, I wouldn't be surprise if they throw that guy in a jail.

yes i have his name and pass port number now. Today i visited the local regulations office to see why i was approached by the police when i was simply doing training loops in a quite area. As mentioned elsewhere its a bit of reaction to press responses and not as bad as the police had informed me. As a resident here (married a Chinese girl 30 years younger then me :) ) they treat me differently to the visitors as i speak mandarin. i was even shown the broken P3S but not allowed to access any of its internal data which was a shame. The visitor has now left china minus his drone i'm pleased to say. I have been asked to meet the local senior government official and discuss what is best for both the "hobby" and "business' use.

As scary a government as they are perceived that's positive to hear that they are open to discussion.

Well that's a little creepy since your bio says your only 46.
Im 67 the bio is wrong, i didn't enter any age when i created the profile so it defaults to 1/1/1970 and can't be changed without admin support. anyway my avatar doesn't look like a guy of 46, but i do wish i was 46 again.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Im 67 the bio is wrong, i didn't enter any age when i created the profile so it defaults to 1/1/1970 and can't be changed without admin support. anyway my avatar doesn't look like a guy of 46, but i do wish i was 46 again.
So that's why there are so many 46 year olds on here. Makes sense now. [emoji1]

30 years your junior. Yatzee

67 won't go into 37 as many times as 37 will go into 67......I'm told. lol

Sounds like English translation from a Chinese website.
Hey thanks, we strive to be on top. Hahaha
But, Is that a compliment or a negative? No matter, just curious. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20