phantom crap

Reaction score
I bought a phantom 1.1.1 last November. Out of the box it flew great. rock steady untill about a month ago. The transmitter range got down to less than 100ft befor it went into failsafe. When I did regain control it fought the sticks and wanted to go on down the streed. So I bought a new one last weed. Right out of the box the compass mod was over 2300. So I did a compass calibration with the magnets and got it down to around 1600 like it should be. I have calibrated it several times but by the time I get to the field it is out again.
I am very frustrated with dji products and would advise someone looking to buy to go elsewhere. With all the flyaways and problems I am working on it more than flying. Actually I have given up. I have spent 1000.00 on these quads and cant use either one.
dont buy dji

mengelman said:
I bought a phantom 1.1.1 last November. Out of the box it flew great. rock steady untill about a month ago. The transmitter range got down to less than 100ft befor it went into failsafe. When I did regain control it fought the sticks and wanted to go on down the streed. So I bought a new one last weed. Right out of the box the compass mod was over 2300. So I did a compass calibration with the magnets and got it down to around 1600 like it should be. I have calibrated it several times but by the time I get to the field it is out again.
I am very frustrated with dji products and would advise someone looking to buy to go elsewhere. With all the flyaways and problems I am working on it more than flying. Actually I have given up. I have spent 1000.00 on these quads and cant use either one.
dont buy dji

Why not just buy a new compass?

You can send me the so called junk I'll have fun with them .
Let me gess you have the same battery's in the controller from when you bought it ?
Take some time and figure out what the problem is instead of crying like a child ! :roll:

750r said:
Let me gess you have the same battery's in the controller from when you bought it ?...

You guessed before I did. I had two Phantom newbie owners wanting me to fix their quads, same issue, Dead batteries... both of them... wow.

750r said:
<snip>
Take some time and figure out what the problem is instead of crying like a child ! :roll:</snip>

Lets keep it civil here guys. He's here asking questions so be a good steward and help him out. Don't forget there are a lot of new people getting into the hobby and they need some guidance sometimes. You were new with questions at some point too.

Now, where do you live mengelman? Many other things can affect it, like calibrating it over concrete with rebar in it, or near large sources of iron/metal, like a barn. Have you checked SkyVector? Look for a red box with writing in it to see if your in a magnetic disturbance area. I have this nearby me...

atpw8.jpg

Ok, so all of a sudden you have short range. What have you done to fix it? Open the tx and ensure the antenna is not disconnected? Change the batteries? What exactly?

Your compass what not calibrated when arrived from shipping half way around the world. That should be pretty obvious, no?

Your compass was out of calibration again. Ok, it doesn't like strong metal or magnets. Isn't there the slightest possibility it came in close contact with one in between usage? Like a magnetic screwdriver or anything else?

Now you say DJI is crap. Ok, it has more electronics that most cars of 6-7 years ago. What else happened? I don't see anything major here. I have worst stories to say about 50,000$ cars if you want to hear them.

The 1.1.1 is the most stable platform so far, no battery disconnects, falling from the sky and I haven't read about a true fly away in a long time.

I'll take them off your hands if that will make you happy. Want the shipping address?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj