Phantom confused

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if I have a phantom 4 pro or a phantom 4 how can I tell the difference when I calibrate the imitation it has me move it around while calibrating

How could you not know if it’s a P4 or P4P? If that’s the question the pro will have sensirs on the rear and IR sensors on the sides which are absent on the P4.

Hi,

There are quite a few ways to tell. The easiest method would be:
  • Look at the side of your Phantom. If it has the sensors shown in the picture below (in the rectangle) then it is a Phantom 4 Pro. No sensors = Phantom 4 Standard.

Phantom 4 Pro.png

Post # 2 gives the clear simple answer to post #1. Post # 3 gives reinforcement with a picture to Post #2.

Definitely the saying applies here. " Keep it simple stupid".

The OP didn't know the difference between a Phantom 4 and a Phantom 4 Pro. So post #2 first makes fun of the OP for asking (i.e. "How could you not know") and then proceeds to give a non-simple answer of sensors on the rear and IR on the sides. Makes sense to someone who knows the Phantoms but may not make sense for someone who couldn't tell the difference between the two drones to start with.

So yes if you "want to keep it simple stupid", use a picture that clearly points out to a newbie how they can tell the difference.

Thank you.
I wasn't directing the saying to any person. Simplicity is always the best policy. We tend to over complicate things. I am the worst offender.
Most times personal opinions should be left out. A SIMPLE answer will do.
I hope the poster got his answer. ;)

The OP didn't know the difference between a Phantom 4 and a Phantom 4 Pro. So post #2 first makes fun of the OP for asking (i.e. "How could you not know") and then proceeds to give a non-simple answer of sensors on the rear and IR on the sides. Makes sense to someone who knows the Phantoms but may not make sense for someone who couldn't tell the difference between the two drones to start with.

So yes if you "want to keep it simple stupid", use a picture that clearly points out to a newbie how they can tell the difference.

Thank you.
Wrong!!

Thank you for your efforts to speak for me however your assumtions, with respect to my intent- in particular to make fun of the OP have missed the mark completelty.

It remains unclear, at least to me what he was hoping to learn.

In any case my suggestion as to a simple means of ascertaining the model difference was not vague or difficult to understand. I suspect you agree given you offered the identical explanation. Whether a picture might be required to assist is questionable.

Hi,

There are quite a few ways to tell. The easiest method would be:
  • Look at the side of your Phantom. If it has the sensors shown in the picture below (in the rectangle) then it is a Phantom 4 Pro. No sensors = Phantom 4 Standard.

View attachment 106902
It doesn't what's confusing me is that when I calibrate the imitation I have to move it 6 different times which is the calibration for pro model my shell is a regular 4 but it doesn't calibrate like the regular model plus my camera is stuck to one side

There you go. You knew you had a standard (that was a fair assumption). Now the remaining confusion, for me anyway, was what you meant by “imitation”.

You think there is something wrong with your P4 because the compass calibration routine is the same as a P4 Pro? That is confusing still because all the phantoms have the same calibration routine.

Has the P4 been crashed? When did the crooked camera problem start? What happens when you try and calibrate the compass. What is your concern about having to move around with calibrating? You can either rotate your body or stand still while moving the phantom, in both orientations as instructed. What error are you getting (if any)?

Oh ok I thought there was a difference but that is a relief cause I was reading and someone said they calibrate different I bought it off eBay they said it was never crashed I just fixed the gimbal overload but the camera still looks to the left or right but it did fix the tilt also I get remote controller error I lose conection to my phone and it disconnect also it restart my phone

I am starting to think it has crashed and been fixed for sale there is decal on so I can't tell if it has marks but it does fly good just the gimbal looks left or right and connection error which I believe my be bug in app cause after I lose conection I still have control of the aircraft

I think he is refering to Inertial Measurement Unit Calibration, where you have to put your drone on all its sides.

No idea what does the camera have to do with the IMU though.

Reactions: With The Birds
I am starting to think it has crashed and been fixed for sale there is decal on so I can't tell if it has marks but it does fly good just the gimbal looks left or right and connection error which I believe my be bug in app cause after I lose conection I still have control of the aircraft
It will fly OK with something wrong in the gimbal. The app is probably fine. It is a good possibility it is the ribbon cable. It could be bad or it could also be catching on something.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie