Phantom can't find satellites

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been having an issue with my Phantom and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.
I should mention that it had a crash about half a year ago and the body got damaged.
After that I replaced the body with a new one and all seemed fixed.

The problem is though that the LED indicator keeps telling me it sees less than 6 satellites (2 green and 3 red)
This doesn't stop after a callibration with the software or the compass.
The software also tells me everything is fine and I can see every parameter that is available.
As I move the Phantom around the values change which is also normal in my opinion.

Still I can't get it to fly stable in GPS mode and it just drifts away with the slightest bit of wind.
Does anybody know what could be the problem and the solution to this?

Thank you in advance!

What model phantom
What version of firmware

Have you done a full calibration with the assistant software?

Tahe the Phantom shell apart and remove the GPS antenna from the top. Take a look at the ceramic antenna as they can crack in a crash causing exactly what you describe.

Thanks so much!
I took a look at the posted thread and then took the GPS module from the Phantom and examined it.
It also has the cracked back as seen on the picture.

IMG_6336.JPG

Guess I'll have to replace this then.
I suppose they are on the pricey side?

Thank you for the advise! :D

You can go ahead and replace the entire unit for $$$ or you can replace just the antenna piece for a a couple of bucks. Someone on here did this and posted a link of where to buy the part. Have a search.

rilot said:
You can go ahead and replace the entire unit for $$$ or you can replace just the antenna piece for a a couple of bucks. Someone on here did this and posted a link of where to buy the part. Have a search.

The link is already in this thread above the picture posted, read it and it tells you where to find the parts. - "simple enough to replace and dirt cheap"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20