Phantom bouncing

I don't think the VPS works that low (it's good to about 1/2 foot) and barometer readings are not that good that close to the take off point.

My bet is if you went up into the air, flew around just a little and then came back down that it probably would not bounce.

No I tried that vps has always worked that low for me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree take off n fly already dam

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the typical "ground effect" cause the drone is hovering too close to the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

No, I can hover 3 inches off the ground and it's solid. Have you tried hovering in another area? You may have something interfering with the p4 sensors.

Will try later today and update

Still bounces. [emoji17] any ideas?

If you've calibrated the IMU and compass, then I think the only option you have left is to contact DJI... The behavior is not normal. There's a fault somewhere.

Did you try somewhere else with different ground pattern?

Could be this: the manual states...
The performance of your Vision Positioning System is affected by the surface over which it is flying.
Flying over surfaces with identical repeating patterns or textures (e.g. tiles with the same design).

No I have not crashes the drone

Do a search on yo-yo affect . I just did and there's to many to give you a link .
Might be something in one of those threads that has your answer .
That's what it looks like to me is a yo-yo .

Reactions: J Dot
No, it's not the yoyo effect. Known yoyo effect is typically when the craft is flying forward and right after stop it looses and regain altitude.

From your video it should hover solid when close to the ground. VPS (Visual Positioning System) possibly to be calibrated (by you) if the behavior you are reporting is only occuring close to the ground, conditions being;
. stock blades
. not customized Rates settings in Go App
. no blade guard installed or other accessory
. last firmware installed

Note you have not confirmed trying somewhere else with different ground pattern.

Last edited:

What could cause this?

<iframe src="pwiggy - PhantomPilots(13346414) from Tapatalk on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing the exact same thing and it's from the location I normally take off and land so it can't be magnetic interference. Did DJI or another poster ever offer any constructive advise on how to fix this? I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

Calibration issue possibly with VPS. Disable below VPS in GO app and compare. If you don't find this option you don't have last app version.

Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4