Phantom blinking yellow not receiving signal is it my compass broken help

So if you take a look in the FC40 Help forum, you will find a thread I started about my 40 loosing it's mind. I'm visiting a friend who has some decent open space off the back yard. The only problem is the UNDERGROUND POWER LINES. I have been whining and bitching about these monsters since I was a newbie. They have screwed up more stuff than I can imagine, much less explain.

Anyway... yesterday I tried landing on top of a transformer for the underground power lines. Well, my P1 didn't like the idea much and as I descended, at around a foot above the transformer the flashing green went to flashing yellow. I instantly went to full throttle and got the hell out of there. I don't believe a second try is in the script.

Today I was shooting touch and go's from the top of some pillars which make up the fence between the back yard and the open space. The underground utilities are about 5 or 6 feet away from the fence. I had performed 3 successful T&G's when on the 4th, I got nothing but yellow and red flashing LEDs.

Moral of the story and my advice to you. Get another spot to takeoff and land. It may only be 50 feet away, but make sure it's away from whatever is causing the interference.

Pay attention to the lights. DJI has put lots of effort into making them display very useful information. The have not done such a great job explaining what the lights mean... In My Opinion.

FYI,
GPS signal comes from satellites. Buildings, trees, mountains, vehicles, and your hand can BLOCK THE SIGNAL. Find some wide open space where the Phantom can see at least 70% of the sky above the horizon. I bet you will get the second set of 20 rapid green flashes.

Here is another option if you can't get good sky visibility from the ground. Settle for one set of 20 rapid green flashes and climb straight up 10, or 20, or even 100 feet while watching for the red flashes to go away. You may even see the second set of 20 green flashes within 10 feet of liftoff. This has worked for me many times when flying in deep mountainous gorges.

Hey Thomas,
If it's possible, would you share where you fly and exactly how your bird is equipped? It would help a great deal if you could do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj