Phantom Battery

Reaction score
Hello,

What's difference to use a Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack or DJI 3S 2200mah Lipo on DJI Phantom?

thanks!

Sorry, I am having trouble understanding your meaning. The obvious answer is that one is 2200 and the other is bigger. 'though I doubt that this is the answer you are looking for.
What I think you may be after, is that there is none, as long as you can physically fit the bigger battery. other than you will have a longer flight time. As long as the voltage is the same. The "Phantom" battery is nominally 11.1 volts. If you exceed this you will find very interesting, VERY expensive smoke coming out of the main body.

guihh25 said:
Hello,

What's difference to use a Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack or DJI 3S 2200mah Lipo on DJI Phantom?

thanks!

That Turnigy battery will work fine to power your Phantom, but it won't fit in the battery compartment.
By comparison, think of the standard battery as being a Snickers bar... got the image? Well, the 5000mAh battery would be a 1990's cell phone. Of course, you could always strap that brick to the bottom of the Phantom and haul it around that way. I doubt you will get much more in terms of flight time with all that added weight, ie, more than 2X as long. Just not happening.

I understand, what I was trying to say is if I would get more flight time but you guys have answered already. Thanks!.

Can you guys please give me a link from where can I buy a good battery to phantom?

Thanks again.

I saved this link a while back from this forum, and I plan to start buying my batteries here. Apparently, they even give slightly longer flight time compared to stock batteries! Definitely an excellent value as far as cost. I unfortunately got this link after I had bought 4 of another kind. Good luck!

http://www.motionrc.com/enrichpower-220 ... pare-parts

EDIT: This battery has a DEANS plug by the way, so if you haven't converted to DEANS yet, buy some XT60 connectors for cheap and watch a video on how to change the connector on a battery. WARNING: it is not as easy as cutting both wires and resoldering the new end on. Well it is, but you don't want to cut both at the same time, as the wire cutter you are holding is metal and that battery will short/shock you. Be careful. I've done a few of mine, so its easy, but don't be dumb about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1