Phantom automatic rising

Reaction score
Hello

My Phantom is very unstable after rising about 1m, and I found that the motors will automatic acceleration when I hold the throttle more than 3 seconds at 60% or more, in addition,after decelerate, it will spin up itself。

Already calibrate IMU、compass many many times。
Newest firmware。

I remove the paddle to test。

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf9UOt8n9ic[/youtube]

Anybody can help :roll:

Strange. I wonder if it's entering RTH mode and trying to initiate a climb to get above the home point? But then you wouldn't have any control of it...

What does it do in the air? Does it just keep climbing out of control unless you ease back on the throttle, or does it level out after a few seconds?

When I want to take off,I keep 60~70% throttle more than 3 seconds,then I release the throttle to its original position 50%,but Phantom automatic rising,until higher than about 2~3m, I feel it's out of control, I pull down the throttle,it's landing very slow,when I release the throttle,it rising automatic again, can't hold the position.

Recal your Tx - goto Asst -> basic -> RC then use calibration for your sticks

EMCSQUAR said:
Recal your Tx - goto Asst -> basic -> RC then use calibration for your sticks

already calibration many many times

Attachments

• nasa.jpg
    nasa.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 459
The only other things that come to mind is a) check to make sure aircraft config is correct and b) that idle is set at middle setting. Other than those I would reload basic configuration again via tools window...

EMCSQUAR said:
The only other things that come to mind is a) check to make sure aircraft config is correct and b) that idle is set at middle setting. Other than those I would reload basic configuration again via tools window...

restore default configuration, download official and recover configuration.
restore lastest firmware
all done

LeoS said:
@35ol: How long have you had the Phantom?
How has it changed?

bought 2 month, total play 10 times, only the first two times normal,the rest are unstable :|

If I take off and push the throttle less than 2 seconds, its nornal and can hold at one position but also very shock
and if I push the throttle more than 3 seconds at this time, Phantom will automatic rising again.

and I already try change mode 1 & mode 2 of the RC, right hand for throttle, its the same, automatic rising, seems the problem is not the RC.

With regards to your video.

When sitting on the ground without props the Phantom is likely to behave 'confused'. When you push the throttle the Phantom will 'expect' to gain altitude but when its sensors tell it it isn't it will 'think' it is experiencing some downdraft and will try to compensate by increasing thrust in order to gain the altitude as it is 'told' to do.

Only a video of its real behaviour in flight will give us the information needed to establish any faulty behaviour.

IF it behaves the same in the air as it does in the video on the ground this *might* indicate a problem with the barometric pressure sensor in the NAZA.

What BigBen said.

The Phantom, in GPS mode at least, is a fly-by-wire system. You tell it to do something (go up) then it translates your simple command to the controls. IE: You push up throttle, Phantom revs up motor; it's not moving, it'll try to rev up even faster thinking that it's carrying a heavy payload, etc.

I think if you do the strapped-to-the table test in manual mode, then you can take out NAZA out of the equation and see whether the motor and esc performs consistently under load.

When I switch to manual mode, Phantom is full speed, with props and without props same

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj