Phantom arrived today, 1st flight notes...

Reaction score
WHHHHAAAAAA!!! Got my Phantom first thing this morning! :D :D :D

First flight overview....
So I put it all together, and already had 3 spare batteries charged up, I'd already watched all the tutorials, read all the reviews, and studied the online manual inside and out.... So I just went through learning the LED lights and what they mean while I charged up the stock battery.... I took the liberty of adding my "If found please call..." sticker on it and a wedge of foam between the casing and the camera mount, and balanced the props before I built it this morning, but haven't looked at the footage yet.

Today is full of blustering 20mph+ winds, so I took it to the local city park for a test flight not expecting to take it any higher than 10m, especially as I'm used to having the joysticks on the opposite hands with the Drone now.

However... Wow! It was so stable! 1st battery was just some basic testing and manoeuvring without a GoPro, and then the 2nd battery I did the same but with a GoPro attached to see the difference... It just don't even bat an eyelid at the extra weight! It handled the wind just fine, and by the 4th battery I was really starting to get the hang of it and took it up to about 35m... Rock solid! :)

My biggest advice to anyone getting a Phantom is, take your time and learn the LED Indicators! Don't take off without knowing exactly what you're being told by the LEDs... Other than that, boom! Best purchase ever! :D

DomKane said:
My biggest advice to anyone getting a Phantom is, take your time and learn the LED Indicators! Don't take off without knowing exactly what you're being told by the LEDs... Other than that, boom! Best purchase ever! :D

Great advice. Glad you're enjoying your Phantom.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I can't believe you tried flying it for the first time in 20 mph winds. Yikes. The most I'll go after my 15 successful flights is 12-15 mphs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4