Phantom Alternatives...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with the Autel X-Star Premium quad? I love my P2V, but I'm hesitant to throw a bunch of money at DJI until their customer support improves... I would LOVE to have lightbridge... but... I could live without it.

Quick question... Am I right in assuming that the P3 Pro and the P3 Advanced both have lightbridge, but the Advanced is just HD and not 4K? Is that the only difference?

Thanks...
-slinger

Does anyone here have any experience with the Autel X-Star Premium quad?
I just bought one (it arrives tomorrow). @flpholt knows a lot about them though. It's also his fault that I bought one ;)

Am I right in assuming that the P3 Pro and the P3 Advanced both have lightbridge, but the Advanced is just HD and not 4K?
Yes and yes. If you're using FPV goggles, the only other real difference is the video bitrate (60 Mbps for the P3P and 40 Mbps for the P3A). So, you'll probably want to get the P3P if you plan to use goggles.

I would LOVE to have lightbridge... but... I could live without it.
Have you tried a lightbridge Phantom?
While the others are still using wifi, there's no alternative.
Quick question... Am I right in assuming that the P3 Pro and the P3 Advanced both have lightbridge, but the Advanced is just HD and not 4K? Is that the only difference?
The Adv does 2.7K video.
Same camera but the Pro has an extra chip to achieve 4K

Reactions: finsup1962 and Shep
It seems lightbridge is the one thing that's keeping many users from switching to a rival brand, I've never had any issues at all with my P3A, when the day comes that it needs to go back to DJI is the day I find out for myself how good OR bad their CS is like, that might be the day I'll start thinking about other brands namely the autel, if it does turn out like that I will sure miss lightbridge

Does anyone here have any experience with the Autel X-Star Premium quad? I love my P2V, but I'm hesitant to throw a bunch of money at DJI until their customer support improves... I would LOVE to have lightbridge... but... I could live without it.

Thanks...
-slinger
we need a autel x star forum

Be aware the autel is only approved for use in USA, the transmission frequencies are not the same as DJI use which are internationally approved.

Last edited:
well just say autel x star premium will go just as far or even better than dji plus build quality is so much better msinger will soon find out plus customer service is the best dji cant even come close to them

Reactions: Squirrel!
I just bought one (it arrives tomorrow). @flpholt knows a lot about them though. It's also his fault that I bought one ;)

Yes and yes. If you're using FPV goggles, the only other real difference is the video bitrate (60 Mbps for the P3P and 40 Mbps for the P3A). So, you'll probably want to get the P3P if you plan to use goggles.
good for you will be waiting to hear your feedback on it

plus customer service is the best
It'll be interesting to see if they can keep that up as they grow. I'm assuming they have a very small user base right now.

nope sales are soaring Carolina drones reports x star is best seller
when you get it really feel the build compared to phantom plus rc I think you will have a new favorite soon

nope sales are soaring
I don't doubt they are soaring, but they cannot possibly have nearly as many in the air as Phantoms.

I don't doubt they are soaring, but they cannot possibly have nearly as many in the air as Phantoms.
not yet but bet they will

have you seen there kestrel coming out that's one I want 59 mile range 2 hour fly time

So when are they gonna branch out into Europe, are they actively looking for dealer's do you think?
some people in Europe said they have them but only the x star not the premium not allowed cause of range

not yet but bet they will
I bet. Their reviews are so good on Amazon that you'd think someone was paying people to post them. People really like their quadcopters.

Reactions: dirkclod

I bet. Their reviews are so good on Amazon that you'd think someone was paying people to post them. People really like their quadcopters.
just wait you will be surprised hope you got orange one

Well, of course I did. You would probably have shunned me if I didn't get the pumpkin :D

have you seen there kestrel coming out that's one I want 59 mile range 2 hour fly time
I'm interested in this product. Don't need 59 mile range but extended battery would be GREAT for Search & Rescue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20