Phantom aftermarket motor question

Reaction score
I have a few questions that hopefully you guys will steer me in the right direction. I currently have a Phantom with the Tarot 2D Gimbal, Flytrex , CF Props and GoPro3. I am adding my FPV this week. I was told that the Phantom cannot carry the additonal FPV equipment but see Phantoms with 2 batteries. This brings me to my real question. I want to add the 2 battery tray and also aftermarket motors with props. Please make suggestions and tell me if this will work and what motors and props are the best for longer flight times. Right now my 2200MAH battery get 6 minutes.

Thank you

It's not that the phantom wont fly...because it will, but it will sink like a rock in descending (in some cases you may not be able to slow the descent) and you will have very reduced flight time...even with two batteries. I guess I'll have to answer your question with a question of my own....how much does you phantom weigh now with all the stuff you have on it? The reason I ask is because I wouldn't try to go much over 1500g....mine is at 1500g now, dual 2700 batteries with dual battery carriers, IOSD, IMUv2, aftermarket landing gear, gopro hero 3, and FPV board/wiring and upgraded T2200 motors. It flies well and still highly maneuverable. I do not have a gimble on it now but i did have a tarrot T2 a while back and i'm thinking it was close to 1600g or more. You'll find that the best prop for a heavy phantom is a 9050 GWS tri-blade...these will hands down lift the most weight and give you the most maneuverability/flight time. Here's a pic of the bottom view of mine to give you an idea of what i'm talking about

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 605
thetac said:
I guess I'll have to answer your question with a question of my own....how much does you phantom weigh now with all the stuff you have on it? The reason I ask is because I wouldn't try to go much over 1500g....mine is at 1500g now, dual 2700 batteries with dual battery carriers, IOSD, IMUv2, aftermarket landing gear, gopro hero 3, and FPV board/wiring. I do not have a gimble on it now but i did have a tarrot a while back and i'm thinking it was close to 1600g or more. You'll find that the best prop for a heavy phantom is a 9050 GWS tri-blade...these will hands down lift the most weight and give you the most maneuverability/flight time.

I heartily agree with everything said. I too have at times flown my Phantom with all of the above and the tri-blades are a godsend iF one really has a need to heft ALL the extra weight. I would also add, it FALLS LIKE A ROCK when you pull back on the power and if you still use the software controlled "low battery" warnings and power reductions, that flying rock can hit the ground --- HARD !!!

So would you suggest a 2800MAH battery and just use one with the tri-blades? It just for filming. I really dont need to go for distance, height and fast flying

Dual batteries give you at best 1.5 times the normal time with a single battery and often less. I have opted to go back to the single battery and original landing gear, though I retain other mods as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik