phantom 4 vs typhoon h

Sorry i couldn't get past the box comparison.
Not trying to stick up for the H but this video was getting very biased toward the P4.
Most Hexcopters have folding arms with wires in them including the DJI Matrice 600 which is professional camera platform not a prosumer like the P4 and the H.
The H is foam comes in a cardboard case with a locking tab and a handle, and designed to fit in an optional back back. Of course the P4 foam case is much nicer than the H's cardboard wrapped foam so why cheapen the comparison by insinuating Yuneec expects you to carry the copter around in 2 unconnected clam shells.

Not sure how the rest goes I seriously couldn't watch any more.

I prefer an honest comparison.

just my $0.02
Mike

Sorry i couldn't get past the box comparison.
Not trying to stick up for the H but this video was getting very biased toward the P4.
Most Hexcopters have folding arms with wires in them including the DJI Matrice 600 which is professional camera platform not a prosumer like the P4 and the H.
The H is foam comes in a cardboard case with a locking tab and a handle, and designed to fit in an optional back back. Of course the P4 foam case is much nicer than the H's cardboard wrapped foam so why cheapen the comparison by insinuating Yuneec expects you to carry the copter around in 2 unconnected clam shells.

Not sure how the rest goes I seriously couldn't watch any more.

I prefer an honest comparison.

just my $0.02
Mike
Granted he seems a little bias to the phantom 4 but the comparison shows way more then the box that you watched. It goes pretty in depth in the differences that I haven't seen in any other video, which most of the time just hype up the 6 rotor design which is pretty cool and he does admit it's a great feature to have....watch the whole video and you may learn something as I did about the differences. He's opinion is evident but the stats and video proof can't be denied....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Is
Granted he seems a little bias to the phantom 4 but the comparison shows way more then the box that you watched. It goes pretty in depth in the differences that I haven't seen in any other video, which most of the time just hype up the 6 rotor design which is pretty cool and he does admit it's a great feature to have....watch the whole video and you may learn something as I did about the differences. He's opinion is evident but the stats and video proof can't be denied....

I would love to see the side by side stats, Is there a summery at the end I can skip to?
If not maybe later I will try to watch it again. I will try to be more open.

Mike

I bet this guy is a Apple fan? LOL He is in love with the P4 though.

One of the best ways to judge a drones worth or quality, is visit their specific forum pages, and read what problems those pilots are experiencing, and how they are fixing these concerns. ;-)

No drone is perfect, but some are very close.. Hahaha
Like mine for instance. Winning.

But have a look yourselves.
Typhoon H help
Typhoon H Discussion

RedHotPoker

While he does give his opinion and rating on the different functions, most of what he shows you in the video is the actually functions and controllers of both drones and lack there of...that stuff is just the facts...

While he does give his opinion and rating on the different functions, most of what he shows you in the video is the actually functions and controllers of both drones and lack there of...that stuff is just the facts...

I agree, the feature comparison dialog seems like it's all factual, but the rating scores may have been a bit skewed. There were a couple ratings I thought Tom was a little unfair by a couple of points. I've owned Yuneec products before (Q500+) and I know what Tom is saying is true about the software. He didn't even get into the compass calibration hassle (compared to Phantom) the TH has, oh my.

He did expose things nobody else seems to talk about though, like the wait time to fly. We complain about 1 minute to fly our Phantoms, and we do cold IMU calibrations to minimize the wait. The TH doesn't have any tricks to fix their 2+min wait time. That's a long wait.

And the inability to carry-on the craft when flying airlines, that's really huge. I take my Phantom on every business trip to fly in my spare time. With TH I wouldn't, because it would need to be checked all the time, too much risk, and then I would have to carry the extra LiPo batteries separate as carry-on.

He also touched on the fact the TH software is absolutely NO COMPARISON to DJI GO for photographic tools and setting options. And then, there's the annoyance with WiFi communications that Tom didn't talk about, like the extra time it takes to relink video once lost at the max range limit. It's over twice the time Lightbridge takes (thanks to the WiFi TCP/IP in the TH) to relink video.

The worst part of losing the video link is the video picture freezes when link is lost, and it takes a few seconds for you to realize the problem. This is because it appears you're still seeing a clear video feed from the craft, showing a hover, when it's actually just a frozen video picture! It's very deceiving. At least with Phantom 4 you know immediately when the video has disconnected, instantly.

There a dozens of little things like that in the Yuneec software and hardware that people don't realize are lacking. It really makes a difference in the flying experience.

I never realized the photo quality of the TH was that bad. I assumed it was about the same since they both use the same sensor. I assumed they had fixed the photo/video software by now. I always had over saturation in my Q500+ using auto mode, that was annoying. Regarding the clarity issue Tom pointed out, I hadn't done that close of a comparison, very revealing.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Phantom 4 section?

Last edited:
Well said...I still think it's a neat bird but there's a lot more to a drone then 6 rotors and cool design...Ya I probably should have put it there but I'm a p3a owner and always on this section and found the video interesting and wanted to share...

I just did some research and found a big flaw with the typhoon H. The RTH height cannot be set by the user. I didn't believe what I was reading so I looked at the manual online. This is a deal breaker for me. I could care less if this thing could fly for an hour on one battery. If you lose signal it doesn't climb to a pre determined height.
3697b46c57c73d882987aba62edf8fc4.jpg

NO COMPARISON

I just did some research and found a big flaw with the typhoon H. The RTH height cannot be set by the user. I didn't believe what I was reading so I looked at the manual online. This is a deal breaker for me. I could care less if this thing could fly for an hour on one battery. If you lose signal it doesn't climb to a pre determined height.
3697b46c57c73d882987aba62edf8fc4.jpg

Yes this was mentioned in the video along with other things that are a big negative for me...

I've commented on the H on this forum in the past, and what I've said it that I believe it to be a top tier drone you would see at a Toys R Us store as opposed to the Phantom 4 being taken more seriously as a prosumer offering.

It isn't to hurt anyone's feelings, but after handling the H when it first came out and after watching several video reviews of it, it just confirms my opinion. And just as I had said about the Autel X-Star Pro, which I've yet to handle, I believe it and the H will be stronger contenders against the P4 in a generation or two. They both aren't their yet.

I just did some research and found a big flaw with the typhoon H. The RTH height cannot be set by the user.
CORRECTamundo, you can't change the RTH height, It's fixed at 30' high, which is beyond bizarre to me. Trees grow higher than that. This limited my Q500 flight habits (my first drone), it's inherent to the ST controller Android app from Yuneec. However, if you're flying at 300', it doesn't descend during RTH until it's over the home point. That's the only way to minimize RTH risk.

Yea but who flies at that height consistently? That's a serious flaw. I wonder if the obstacle avoidance would navigate it back?

Yea but who flies at that height consistently? That's a serious flaw. I wonder if the obstacle avoidance would navigate it back?

No, not on the current version, the sonar will only make it stop and hover.

I have both the P4 and H amongst several others. There are advantages to the H. One is it is truly a RTF purchase.

CCC with 360 deg camera makes for great video; no yawing of craft needed.
In high winds, it is more stable. Please no nonsense about the P4 flying effortlessly in 30 mph wind. There is a video of the Typhoon H flying in a Typhoon. If a P4 can do that, it will defy the laws of physics.

Landing? Come on, be honest.

They both have pros and cons.

So called "reviews" tend to be biased. The guy who did the one linked to in the OP was obviously very biased. He didn't even mention the Wizard. There are multiple examples of Active Tracking failing.

I had the H and it was a nice machine. I loved the ST16 controller with the built in tablet. The machine flew nicely and I really enjoyed the retractable landing gear. It felt very "Inspire-ish" for people like me who cannot afford an actual Inspire.

However, my love for the H quickly diminished once I experienced it's short range capability. That's what did it for me. I returned it and bought my P4. Lightbridge tech is the only way to go.

Found The video to be biased too. In fairness, his comaprison were done in different situations and that's not a fair comparison. Some of his statements are incorrect as well. Where the H crashes into the tree, he is standing behind the tree where signal could not be sent. That was deliberately done. Also the car bit, notice the P4 was much further away and kept a nice level of video control where as he had the H right up close to the car in front of it and not where the P4 was, remembering the H has a wider lens which meant he was flying the H real close, no craft will stay equal distance from a moving object at that distance.
He also stated that he could not return the camera to the front position once you start turning it. In fact he was wrong, did not do his research. The ST16 has a switch for that.
I own 2 Phantoms and love them heap but this was nothing short of disgraceful.

Like I said before, IF your going to do a honest comparison between 2 items, it has to be done on equal terms meaning all shots and videos have to be done exactly from the same position to be able to compare them.

Reactions: datincan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20