Phantom 4 vs Phantom 4 Advanced Signal Quality

Reaction score
I'm curious if the P4A gets better signal quality than the P4 Standard? Or is it the same exact transmission system? I noticed the P4 is stated at 3.1miles and the P4A is stated at 4.3miles Which brings up this question in my mind. Thank you

Interesting! But how much battery power would be left if the Phantom is out 3.1 or 4.3 miles? My Phantom would be hard pressed to make it home from those distances much less make great video.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Not sure what controller the P4A runs but much has been written about the GL300C being the weakest of the lightbridge controllers for the P4. I boosted my standard controller with a FPVLR amped mod and it easily out flies the battery (12k round trip), it's pretty much a moot point as I was interested in signal penetration through the forest where I fly and not so much sending it to China.
Having said that, the numbers quoted are in ideal situations, FCC/CE compliance, operator technique etc.

This would be interesting to me. Does it make quite a difference in trees? How much more directional is it?
The setup is more directional than the Omni original setup and uses the left and right hand heli coil to 'swirl' the signal around trees. The original setup had me losing signal at about 300-400 mtrs flying through the trees from my HP. The new setup has me flying just over 1000 mtrs before I start to lose video. I found that moving the controller maybe 2-3 cms would fix any signal issues I was having whereas the old setup was a matter of moving it around constantly to maintain reception.
The setup cost me AUD$500 but is the best money that I have spent on the package.

The setup is more directional than the Omni original setup and uses the left and right hand heli coil to 'swirl' the signal around trees. The original setup had me losing signal at about 300-400 mtrs flying through the trees from my HP. The new setup has me flying just over 1000 mtrs before I start to lose video. I found that moving the controller maybe 2-3 cms would fix any signal issues I was having whereas the old setup was a matter of moving it around constantly to maintain reception.
The setup cost me AUD$500 but is the best money that I have spent on the package.
Nice. Thanks for that info

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a P4A. I currently have a P4P & my wife has my old P4. The P4A is going to replace her P4, hence the original question. I will test all 3 when the P4A comes in. It's going to be an interesting comparison, especially if I use 2.4 on the P4P as well.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20