Phantom 4 vs Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
Im about to upgrade from my Phantom 2 with a gopro 3+ black edit.

I need some guidance in my next drone, Inspire 1 or Phantom 4.

grateful for advises!

//Hyck

What do you plan on doing with your drone?

Reactions: QuadBart
Just for fun? Or commercially?

Unless you have the need to use the X5 camera (or other detachable cameras yet to come), then I'd suggest the P4 instead. Since you're not flying commercially, the new obstacle avoidance features in the P4 will be more beneficial to you.

History is a good indicator to say that the Inspire 2 is not far from a product release. You'll know this is about to happen when the Inspire 1 prices drop by $300 to $500. When will this occur... don't know but it will most definitely occur this year.

Love my inspire! Very stable and can fly in windier conditions than a p3. I fly both, and the inspire makes the money when the wind kicks up.
But the avoid obstacles and follow me function seams to be nice with the P4. the range is 5km aswell, but the question is if you will need that range

Also, keep in mind that the Inspire is much more expensive to own. Just a case alone will set you back $500.

Reactions: Hycken
History is a good indicator to say that the Inspire 2 is not far from a product release. You'll know this is about to happen when the Inspire 1 prices drop by $300 to $500. When will this occur... don't know but it will most definitely occur this year.

It will probably have the same new functions as we se in P4, the big question is the new price ;)

I agree with msinger. If you do plan on wanting future camera options inspire is gold. But keep in mind a new drone comes out every 10 months or so. So more than likely the new drones will have camera upgrades. If your a good pilot and money is tight go p3.If ur still learning to fly go p4. Main reason cost $999 vs $1399.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree with msinger. If you do plan on wanting future camera options inspire is gold. But keep in mind a new drone comes out every 10 months or so. So more than likely the new drones will have camera upgrades. If your a good pilot and money is tight go p3.If ur still learning to fly go p4. Main reason cost $999 vs $1399.

Whats the flightrange with a P3?

In reality a little under a mile is how far I can get. I live in la so there is a ton of interference as well

$1399 vs. $3099....how much do you want to spend?

Then there's the Inspire 1 v2 "Black" edition for a cool $4799! :cool:
(naturally I would want that one...lol)

Hi Guys!
Im about to upgrade from my Phantom 2 with a gopro 3+ black edit.

I need some guidance in my next drone, Inspire 1 or Phantom 4.

grateful for advises!

//Hyck

I dont mean to be arrogant but it doesn't come to a price question.

But my thought comes more to best value for the money

Value for the money your best option is a P3 Advanced @ $799. Nice 2.7K stabilized camera, lots of available accessories, same range as with the P3 Pro, P4, & Inspire. If you are limiting your choices to a P4 vs. Inspire comparison then I'd say P4 as there isn't a huge difference in camera or aircraft performance compared to the more than doubling of the price for the base Inspire 1.

I dont mean to be arrogant but it doesn't come to a price question.

But my thought comes more to best value for the money

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic