Phantom 4 Video Quality in Premiere

Reaction score
Hi, I'm relatively new to video editing and I'm trying to edit my phantom 4 footage in adobe premiere cc and I'm getting this, well, I'll call it video quality aberration. I've attached a video to show what I mean but when the video is playing in premiere it looks funny but when I press pause and there is only a single frame I have excellent quality again. Also if I play it in a normal video player everything is fine as well. So I'm just wondering if anybody knows if this has something to do with the settings in premiere or the drone settings or something else.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi, I'm relatively new to video editing and I'm trying to edit my phantom 4 footage in adobe premiere cc and I'm getting this, well, I'll call it video quality aberration. I've attached a video to show what I mean but when the video is playing in premiere it looks funny but when I press pause and there is only a single frame I have excellent quality again. Also if I play it in a normal video player everything is fine as well. So I'm just wondering if anybody knows if this has something to do with the settings in premiere or the drone settings or something else.

Thanks

Lower your editing quality setting to 1/2 or even 1/4, instead of Full in the lower right of the video window. Your processor may be having trouble keeping up during editing at Full quality. Output quality remains unchanged, no matter what quality setting is used during editing.

I see, it is much better at 1/4 quality. I though I had a half decent machine, maybe I have to invest in some upgrades. thanks

I see, it is much better at 1/4 quality. I though I had a half decent machine, maybe I have to invest in some upgrades. thanks

Very few people, even with rocket speed machines, edit video at Full quality. It simply isn't necessary. Editing can even be done using tiny proxy files instead. Lightroom's new Smart Preview proxy files let all editing be done on image files that are a fraction of the size of the originals. Only when the image files are exported out of LR, or the edited video is rendered out of Premier Pro, does one truly need access to the full sized original files.

Last edited:
Does Lightroom have video editing capability?
It does to a limited extent, but I was referring to the analogy of editing without needing access to full sized originals in LR and PP CC until you decide to export out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20