Phantom 4 series (and controller GL300C)

Reaction score
I am going to purchase a Phantom 4 this week and have read a lot in the forum about this series of drones. What has me concerned is that there seems to be an (ISSUE) with the P4 controller GL300C. which P4 does this controller come with? Is there really much difference in video and flying between the P4 standard and the P4 Pro or Advanced? It appears it my just be the obstacle avoidance which is not really a concern to me. As always thanks ya'lls help with this.

What issues has the GL300C? My P4 came with GL300C and I don't have any issues.

I am not sure about that controller I was reviewing post on the phantom 4 and it was mentioned that this controller was one of the weakest ever made by DJI, so that was what I was trying to learn more about does it actually have problems or not?

I have not made any long distance flights but until 1km I had no problems.

Try windsurfers first then maybe a boosted system if you need more distance.

The issue was with firmware update 1.9.3. It made some controllers only charge to 60% though the battery would be at 100%. I had to send my controller to DJI. It was fixed for free out of warranty.

The issue was with firmware update 1.9.3. It made some controllers only charge to 60% though the battery would be at 100%. I had to send my controller to DJI. It was fixed for free out of warranty.
Oh I haven't updated. I am on 1.6 that came out of the factory.

The controller that comes with the p4 I was getting a average of 2500ft.
I did once get 5000ft. That's why I am trying a different controller to see if
I can do better.

The controller that comes with the p4 I was getting a average of 2500ft.
I did once get 5000ft. That's why I am trying a different controller to see if
I can do better.
You should seriously look in to getting a boosted system such as the Atlas or Conquer from Titan drones. Same cost as a new controller and you will have more distance than you need and a stronger video signal.

Yip my remote good from day 1.even better boosted . Good for range and transmission free issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.