Phantom 4 Remote antenna upgrades

Reaction score
Do any companies offer an exchange service so that I buy a modified remote with an upgraded antenna and send them my old one after I get theirs? That way I wouldnt have to be without one for 2 weeks?

Reactions: trevornewkirk
Presumably you have a P4P since that's where you are posting this question. If that's true, try flying with 5.8ghz AUTO with a windsurfer on your antennas. You can get over 4miles, limited by battery. You must have LOS connection to get this distance, no trees or mountains between the RC and the craft. I really don't see any need to buy an antenna upgrade with P4P, unless you have a battery mod to get more flight time.

If you have a P4, or P4A, completely different story. Call Jake at Maxx UAV.

Presumably you have a P4P since that's where you are posting this question. If that's true, try flying with 5.8ghz AUTO with a windsurfer on your antennas. You can get over 4miles, limited by battery. You must have LOS connection to get this distance, no trees or mountains between the RC and the craft. I really don't see any need to buy an antenna upgrade with P4P, unless you have a battery mod to get more flight time.

If you have a P4, or P4A, completely different story. Call Jake at Maxx UAV.

I dunno I see a lot of people say this but where I'm at as soon as I pass 12,000 ft things start getting flaky , video goes out first and I refuse to keep flying blind even if I know there's nothing in front of me that's the reason I bought a boosted antenna, I've yet to receive it back and try it , my fingers are crossed .

Really, I'm just curious. I can definitely see getting a range booster with electrical interference problems. I can also see getting one to get out a little to get some good pictures. I live in the country and have flown my p3s 7400 ft. over forest to a nearby peak. That seemed like a long way out to me. Where you live that sounds like a really good distance. Is that your distance in the city? If so, your distance in a less populated area will be a lot father.

I met a guy awhile back where I flew. He moded his Phantom, and would stick antenna's on his car's roof and sit in his car while he flew. Seems super luxurious to me, and as time has gone by, I've become more jealous of his set up.

I met a guy awhile back where I flew. He moded his Phantom, and would stick antenna's on his car's roof and sit in his car while he flew. Seems super luxurious to me, and as time has gone by, I've become more jealous of his set up.
That does sound like a nice setup

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj