Phantom 4 refurb is doing remarkable

Reaction score
I just wanted to update the progress of my refurbed p4. I read many discussions, post, and reviews about buying refurb and most were fairly negative. Saying things like "there is a reason its a refurb',prolly have software issues, and etc.....
that's all true but at least in my case dji did a awesome job making it like new.
It came looking mint condition, Same case as regular p4 same everything.
I admit I was a little weary but now after 40-50 flights and going distances over 12,000 feet and still have 3 bars signal with only parabolics, heights we wont discuss, and numerous missions in both dji and litchi, I think my bird has earned respect. I got the refurb,ipad air2, parabolics, and extra battery all for less than a new p4 alone. I don't want too sound like a braggart, all I wanted to do is tell everyone that refurbs are ok in my book and I wish they had p4p refurbs cuz I want the few xtra features I don't have.
Hope I don't get attacked to bad with this pos cuz the intent is to update the progress of my bird, not to start an argument between refurbs v.s normal p4. I wish I could have afforded a brand new p4 but I couldn't and love what I have.

Reactions: elhefe4
I bought a refurb in Nov. Arrived in original packaging, you couldn't tell the difference from new. Not a hint of a problem thus far.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
I bought a refurb in Nov. Arrived in original packaging, you couldn't tell the difference from new. Not a hint of a problem thus far.

That's what I was hoping to hear a lot of reddyvv. Hearing from fellow refurb flyers and their experiences.
Glad to hear your bird is solid as well.

I am looking at getting one .My concern was more along the lines of the problems with the P4 generally ie range and camera horizon tilt etc and wondering if it is much of a step up from the P3A which has served me very well.

I am looking at getting one .My concern was more along the lines of the problems with the P4 generally ie range and camera horizon tilt etc and wondering if it is much of a step up from the P3A which has served me very well.

I know little of the p3a. I can tell u that I'm using a iPad air2 with my refurb and couldn't be more pleased. " Knock on wood" , but mine has been incredible. I'm getting over 12,000 feet or 25,000 round trip distances, ( using parabolics),altitude ( let's just say limited out), and all the functions
Litchi and dji have it has done flawlessly. Waypoints, orbits,follow,track, and the rest.
I wouldn't be hesitant about buying another and still get the year warranty. If something does go wrong and dji replaces it it will be anotherrefurb of course but they at least back the refurb like all others.

I've had my refurb P4 since Jan, 2017. Really haven't flown it that much but will say the only problem I have had is the Android Nvidia Shield which had Android 7 on it. Kept losing contact and pic. Got another Android tab with Android 5 and have had no problems at all.
Can't tell the difference tween a new P4 and Refurb P4. I don't think you can go wrong with a Refurb.

Almost 11 hours on my refurb P4 in a month and a half, it arrived good as new and love the $450 I saved.

This is great news. Exactly why I made this thread was to have feedback on the successes and to affirm what I already knew.
Thank u guys for taking the time to reply.

I've had my P4 refurbished since January 2017. Made 62 flights without an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.