Phantom 4 Range Test

Reaction score
Well did a range test today to compare my stock P4 to my stock P3S. Made it 14162 feet compared to my P3S 13040 feet. My question is I was in Sport mode and it took 5:16 to warm up and fly that distance and only had 58% battery to return on where the P3S took 5:23 with 80% battery left. Does Sport mode use that much more power???

8b54409eb266400fbf25d2a612b6645f.jpg

1077ebc94324dfd633a6825f9f41bfc2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes dont use sport. Use p mode with obstacle avoidance off that will get u an effecient 30 to 31 mph

Yes, Sport mode drinks it up. If you have been following the long distance flying threads in this forum, you will see that around 30 mph is about the "sweet spot." I did a couple over 26k' distance runs, and I turned around somewhere in the 60% range. I BARELY made it back on both of those runs with well less than 5% even after turning off sensors on the return trips and the camera on one of those.

Reactions: snowghost
Yes, Sport mode drinks it up. If you have been following the long distance flying threads in this forum, you will see that around 30 mph is about the "sweet spot." I did a couple over 26k' distance runs, and I turned around somewhere in the 60% range. I BARELY made it back on both of those runs with well less than 5% even after turning off sensors on the return trips and the camera on one of those.

I've never tested it but I thought it was baked in the software that the phantom will initiate a landing when it hits 10%. Did that happen to you, etc.?

I BARELY made it back on both of those runs with well less than 5% even after turning off sensors on the return trips and the camera on one of those.

How do you turn off the camera?

I've never tested it but I thought it was baked in the software that the phantom will initiate a landing when it hits 10%. Did that happen to you, etc.?

You just override the auto landing. My bird was a ways out when it started to auto land during my long distance runs, but I just nail both sticks forward. Both of those times, I made it back in the nick of time. I also had a Litchi mission which began auto landing about a half mile away due to it being pretty much a long distance run, and I did the same. What was crazy is that after reviewing the video, I was BLESSED by GOD to not have lost it since I was just a hair above houses and between trees. Not so bad, but this was during the dark of night so I was pretty well blinded for control.

I have a lot more experience now so I'm hoping I don't put myself in those situations, especially at night which those 3 above flights took place.

Reactions: jogforfitness

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic