Phantom 4 Question Speed Is Slow

Reaction score
Anyone have a tip to for this. Normally I fly in the P Mode and I seem to have top speed 15-20 mph give or take. But since I did an update which I gonna try again to instal my top speed is like 6 mph and really seems to drain the battery fast. Any ideas. Thanks all.

Ok tried it again after refreshing the update. Going forward only goes 6-9 mph but backwards and sideways it goes the normal about 20 mph. Like it has been doing for 4 years. I have beginner mode turned off as well. Any ideas drone family?

Reactions: Capt KO
Is front obstacle avoidance off,I know the speed is limited with front on but I dont think that slow,,try turn on and off

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks Ianzone yes I tried that and did again after you thought that too just in case still pretty down slow.

Is sport mode still working ?
If all your settings ok I would give it a imu calibration,,this will give it system checks and something not right it might fix it,,on yip of my tongue but just cant click,sure it's simple to
Give the remote a stick calibration incase foward not at 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Is sport mode still working ?
If all your settings ok I would give it a imu calibration,,this will give it system checks and something not right it might fix it,,on yip of my tongue but just cant click,sure it's simple to
Give the remote a stick calibration incase foward not at 100%

Thanks for the reply. Yes in sports mode does go faster which is strange. I have done the calibration all seems correct their. IMU calibration hmm that's different?

Have you checked the EXP, sensitivity and gain settings?
Thanks for the help. I have looked at but truly don't know that correct setting I have never changed them myself so should be right? Bit I will double check. Thanks

Did you update the drone, the dji app and the controller at the same time?
did you update thru the app, or thru the dji assistant program
Was there any hiccups during any of the updates?

Did you hold your left ear and hop on one foot while doing the updates? (my lousy humor about computer bugs and updates)

Reactions: Flyin Fun

Reactions: Flyin Fun
Did you update the drone, the dji app and the controller at the same time?
did you update thru the app, or thru the dji assistant program
Was there any hiccups during any of the updates?

Did you hold your left ear and hop on one foot while doing the updates? (my lousy humor about computer bugs and updates)

Lol that's good.
I did it first thru the app which did its updates yes had a hiccup redid it then appeared to work. Then used dji assistant program and redid the batteries.
Is it hard to go back on a firmware to see if works better?
Thanks for the help.

Wow downgrading might fix that thank you for the info. Is it simple to do just plug into PC like a upgrade and does it do all or just the batteries.
Can't wait to get home tonight and try that.
Thank you

Yes. Simple. Within the DJI Assistant there’s a downgrade option.

Ok I went back and did the downgrade on both batteries and I like to report back with a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just came back inside with a amazing flight of speed. It felt GREAT!! Ran Great!! And had the speed I remember!!!
Thank for the support and help my drone buddies that was very kind of you all to jump in a help

Best wish on your flights all, you rock!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 209

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers