phantom 4 props

Reaction score
Howdy,
So I ordered a couple sets of props from a place called three kings, The props showed up with the plastic and metal parts that the props fit onto when installing on the bird inside the bag along with a few small screws and a wrench. I thought awesome some spare parts, but when I opened the bags I noticed that the props did not have a DJI logo on them, instead it has what looks like a Yx symbol. My question is are these DJI products or some other aftermarket, and if they are not DJI I will assume that they should not be trusted. Thanks for any input.
captain kush

They are 3rd party props. I do not recommend flying with anything but DJI props.

Speaking of props. Do P4 props ever need balancing?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I always find that about half of my props are just a little bit off balance. So, I always check them before using them the first time. I wouldn't say you must balance them -- since many people don't and they are still flying just fine. It'll certainly help your Phantom run more efficiently though.

I'll defer to the post above, but I agree, no DJI logo = no fly in my book. DJI seems to keep the price of the regularly replaced items such as props fairly cheap compared to other RC manufacturers. Stay stock. Just my opinion.

*EDIT* and i'm rambling....

What a lot of people are going to find who are new to "RC", is there are tons of aftermarket stuff out. People with 3d printers, people who send their own cad drawings off to have aluminum stuff built to sell, blah blah blah. The phantoms cross the line between hobby/non-hobby. Those of us who have been rc hobbyists, recognize these after market things as "part" of the hobby and welcome it. The problem here, the phantom is not really a "hobby" machine. It is more along the lines of a "toy", which does some pretty incredible things, and is also highly engineered. In short, it is not meant for you to mess with as our previous hobbies have been. This, is a good thing. We dont really want drones falling from the sky due to a badly designed screw. On the flip side, there are many hobbyists in this who are going to bring their "hobby ways" here for you to buy and experiment with. Before long we'll have modded engines, carbon fiber blades, add-on lights, chip-hacks that let you go "beyond", software hacks, aluminum this/that all promising to be "better". Some may be, most wont. We in the RC industry have enjoyed and welcomed this stuff in the past. We have also accepted ALL of the MANY flaws with all of this stuff. We've all had to modify/adapt/trash/frusterate through all these aftermarket things, it was just part of the hobby and one that we welcomed. The p4 flies 1600 feet in the air and goes for 3.2 miles. This, is, different.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20