Phantom 4 Prop/motor help

Reaction score
I've noticed one of my props are loose. The other 3 are snug. I'm thinking the part on top of the motor that the prop clips into is the problem and would like to change it out for a new one. Would that void my warranty? What is the part called? Is my issue normal and should I not worry about it?

I've noticed one of my props are loose. The other 3 are snug. I'm thinking the part on top of the motor that the prop clips into is the problem and would like to change it out for a new one. Would that void my warranty? What is the part called? Is my issue normal and should I not worry about it?
With use the springs under the prop clips get compressed. They are the silver tangs the push the props against the clip locks. (props off) Grab the end of the clip with your finger nail and gently lift the spring up till it touches the bottom of the pastic clip and let it go back down gently, it should be at it's normal height of about 4mm (5/32). Check the springs for any cracks or damage. I do this to mine about every 20 flights, do not do it every flight because this eventually weakens the metal. I intend to change the clips and spings every year or as needed, they come in a kit from dji and they are about $3.00 a pair.

With use the springs under the prop clips get compressed. They are the silver tangs the push the props against the clip locks. (props off) Grab the end of the clip with your finger nail and gently lift the spring up till it touches the bottom of the pastic clip and let it go back down gently, it should be at it's normal height of about 4mm. Check the springs for any cracks or damage. I do this to mine about every 20 flights, do not do it every flight because this eventually weakens the metal. I intend to change the clips and spings every year or as needed, they come in a kit from dji and they are about $3.00 a pair.
3 dollars for part 10 dollar shipping. Not bad . Plus you get a gray and black piece. I just ordered some. Now do you know if changing it will void my warranty?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1