Phantom 4 Prop Guards

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking about getting some prop guards to use when flying indoors to add a little bit of extra protection. The common theme on some of the reviews I have read about various guards out there is they tend to creep in to your video.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed true along with any other "cons" about using them? e.g. decreased flight time?

Thanks!

Check out this video about flying indoors:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JWH
And this one:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JWH
Great, thank you for the links. I've watched a few of his other videos before.

So the answer essentially is they will show in the video at fast speeds, which won't apply indoors, and they can always be cropped out if need be.

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would watch that video on how to fly in a house. He makes some interesting points.

ah so it turns off the collision avoidance when you install prop guards, hmmm
Not necessarily. They make guards that do not interfere with collision avoidance...But most do.

From experience, I highly recommend prop guards when flying indoors. Above 10M and with no wind the bird drifts more than you would think. And you can't be too soft on the sticks. You will also find that you do not need to go fast to get the guards in the shot so try going extremely slow. I also recommend a spotter. Someone needs to have eyes on the bird 100% of the time. So if you are looking at your shot on the device, your not seeing the bird. Definitely practice in ATTI mode outside for a while before attempting.

org_ecf1d4c0cb5f6327_1481122162000-20161207-170128420.jpg
which ones are these please, I've also found the bird flies differently with prop

I have been using them since day one, higher speed more angle on camera, drag hasn't been an issue. The ones I got snap on and I still have avoidance feature. Look on Amazon. Review feedback.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.