Phantom 4 pro + zoom

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am new here and a new phantom 4 owner. I am sure many of my questions are already answered somewhere in here, so I will check first.

For now, does anyone know if the 2x zoom works with the pro + (has 5" screen already attacked) or is it only ISO?

Thanks,

David in NC

Pushing right stick forward works great in moving aircraft forward, but doesn't help zoom. And did set to 1080 and pinch but nothing. Have read it has something to do with android versus others. Simply put, and question is, does 2x pinch zoom not work with the 4 pro + (display attached and included)

I can confirm the same problem, no 2x digital zoom not in 1080 P any mode. I have read the entire manual and have tested this feature multiple times to no avail

Excuse my ignorance but is this a serious question? I have never even heard of a zoom feature for the P4P+. I just tried it out now, and there's nothing anywhere which would suggest a digital zoom is an option.

Yes Robert K this is a very serious question. The reason being is that the P4P has the ability if you're using the iOS device of your choice but the P4P+ with the built-in android screen does not. From the threads that I have been reading it seems that it is an android compatibility problem which kind of baffles me because it works super great on my camera on my android phone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Also might I add to the seriousness of this is the fact that I live in the south where there are tons of rednecks with shotguns that love to shoot drones out of the air, so I have to fly between 200 and 300 feet at least to make sure that doesn't happen. So a 2x digital zoom would be great!

Another reason to add to the list of why the better option would have been to go with a P4P with an iOS device paired to it.

I'm considering buying a normal remote and trying to sell my + remote.

I totally agree I've been thinking the same thing too but I love them all together in one package and mine works flawlessly. It's nice to be able to pull my phone out and take a call if necessary or not have to look at text messages on the screen while flying.But you know my problem with the whole thing is I do not feel that even with a hood or shield my iPad can be bright enough outside to work with my 51-year-old eyes.

Reactions: sledman1
I have never read in the manual that pinch and zoom is available.

Come to think of it though, there is kinda already a digital zoom feature although it's not implemented as digital zoom. I'm talking about the AF Assistant. When you switch that on, the screen digitally zooms in to the AF section temporarily and then zooms out. I don't see why DJI couldn't implement a digital zoom function. Call it Redneck Avoidance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik