Phantom 4 Pro Stuck in Beginner Mode

Reaction score
Hey All,

This seems to be a common problem that we are all experiencing but I have a few other symptoms to add to the description. Originally the P4 was trapped in a 100' bubble and had limited speed but the bubble has seem to gone away. I am still experiencing speeds less than 5mph and descending the drone is quite difficult as it moves at a snail's pace and will even climb in height randomly. It also seems like it's "stuck" and won't descend as if it the software was forcing it not to.

The remedies people and tech support have posted don't work. Signing out of the app, signing back in didn't do anything. Reinstalling the app didn't help either. I'm using a Crystal Sky and IPAD Air 2 with both unable to make a difference. DJI Tech support was unable to give me a procedure to reinstall the app on the Crystal sky and the best they could do was some formula to reset the controller which made absolutely no sense.

Anyone getting anywhere with these issues? Loads of people are having them!

I am still experiencing speeds less than 5mph and descending the drone is quite difficult as it moves at a snail's pace and will even climb in height randomly. It also seems like it's "stuck" and won't descend as if it the software was forcing it not to.
This sounds like an issue related to obstacle avoidance. Check out one of your recent TXT flight logs to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

The remedies people and tech support have posted don't work. Signing out of the app, signing back in didn't do anything.
This remedy will only work for the restrictions that are put in place while not logged into the DJI GO. See more details about that here.

DJI Tech support was unable to give me a procedure to reinstall the app on the Crystal sky and the best they could do was some formula to reset the controller which made absolutely no sense.
You cannot uninstall/reinstall the DJI GO app on a CrystalSky monitor. DJI GO is installed/updated along with the CrystalSky firmware. That's why DJI support is recommending you reset the device.

Thanks for the tips. With the help of BH Photo Tech support and this post, I used the DJI assistant desktop app to refresh the firmware, do an IMU update, recal the VPS, gimbal cal, and I was back to normal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik