Phantom 4 Pro Range Test EU

6680m at 2.4GHz for me.

FCC mode? in EC mode no.In European country, the rules limit the controller power to a distance of 2.5 Miles (4km) impossible range 7km for european.If your GPS position is under CE rules appliance, your controller power is limited, if your GPS position is under FCC rules, your are full power and range.For the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi it's also limited by local regulations, in Europe it's 100mW, in countries under FCC rules... it's up to 1W. For 5.5Ghz it's up to 200mW...

Last edited:
Did you record audio, if yes how did you remove propeller noise?

Sardinia island beautiful "caribbean sea" but in mediterranean sea...
Look :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
FCC mode? in EC mode no.In European country, the rules limit the controller power to a distance of 2.5 Miles (4km) impossible range 7km for european.If your GPS position is under CE rules appliance, your controller power is limited, if your GPS position is under FCC rules, your are full power and range.For the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi it's also limited by local regulations, in Europe it's 100mW, in countries under FCC rules... it's up to 1W. For 5.5Ghz it's up to 200mW...
This was in EC mode. And now I have another record, please see below.

I would like to share with you the achievement of the Phantom 4 Pro in range: 8.034 km (26.358 ft)
And this is achieved with stock model - no modifications, no boosters, just how it is out of the box.

Attachments

• 8.034 km.jpg
    8.034 km.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 646
  • 8.034 km - 20% remaining battery.jpg
    8.034 km - 20% remaining battery.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 509
CE is limited power to comply with EU regulations. Software regulated RC output power.
Power is adjusted after power up according to GPS location of the drone... in your country probably permit more output power?

KykPhantom go to Italy and test your drone in Italy..eh eh

(se qualche italiano con drone in Italia legge questo post.. può confermare che oltre i 4Km non va?)

Last edited:
(se qualche italiano con drone in Italia legge questo post.. può confermare che oltre i 4Km non va?)

Domani mi arriva il P4P e provo... col P4, le antenne ARGTeck e i 32 canali sbloccati sono arrivato a 6 Km e qualcosa.

My Range Test with p4 standart 8,5 km CE mode
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: RickT
8,200 Feet for me, stock, no range boosters.

Attachments

• File Apr 10, 1 01 39 PM.png
    File Apr 10, 1 01 39 PM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 537
  • File Apr 10, 1 01 18 PM.png
    File Apr 10, 1 01 18 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 519
  • File Apr 10, 12 55 05 PM.png
    File Apr 10, 12 55 05 PM.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 499
Try Auto 5.8Ghz instead. 4+ mile control range in the city at 100 feet! Then, add a $15 windsurfer, for more stable video at long range.:cool:

I have the $15 windsurfer. Me and a friend of mine wanted to get footage of the trains going thru the Tehachapi loop. We had just arrived to the site when we heard the train coming, had to setup as fast as we could, Lol. Needless to say, I did not have time to put them on.

I have the $15 windsurfer. Me and a friend of mine wanted to get footage of the trains going thru the Tehachapi loop. We had just arrived to the site when we heard the train coming, had to setup as fast as we could, Lol. Needless to say, I did not have time to put them on.
I keep my windsurfer on all the time, as well as the Freewell GND gray filter, and the props, too. Makes for quick deployment. So does a cold IMU calibration! I often hear the train from my roof deck, while flying home, and try and catch it on the tracks going by, before my battery runs out. I've been lucky a few times. Those Tehachapi train loops are really cool!

Try the Auto 5.8Ghz setting for longest range with your P4P.

I was doing a quick drone pit stop, to swap batteries and cards, while filming a live sporting event last weekend, and forgot to format the card before taking off in my rush, as the only card I had left had not yet been reformatted. I lost half the video I intended to shoot on that flight, because the card filled up prematurely! Haste makes waste! :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic