Phantom 4 Pro propellers

Reaction score
I bought Copter brand new in April. I have about 85 flights on the original blades. They have not been removed since I first installed them. Pro still flies really well.

Question: Should I change them out? What do you guys do? I always check security before every flight and have a extra set always in my case.

I bought Copter brand new in April. I have about 85 flights on the original blades. They have not been removed since I first installed them. Pro still flies really well.
Question: Should I change them out? What do you guys do? I always check security before every flight and have a extra set always in my case.
Props will last a long time if air is the only thing they are chopping.

Thanks. Yes flying in summer in Alabama the Copter and I Smash our fair share.

Thank you for the reply

I too have been using my original props since I purchased my P4P in January, one thing I also do, as one who used to dress jet engine turbine blades for a living, is occasionally take a scotch-brite pad to the leading edges, as well as the top and bottom of the surface of the blades to insure smooth airflow over them. I also take the blades off when not flying, as I think most folks do.

Thanks. Fully understand the concept as I am project planner for steam turbines and we have "bladders" who dress turbine blades. I inspect the airplane prop as well during preflight. I like the idea of scotch bright thought. New plan for me. Thank you sir. I am in northwest Alabama so I am a good distance from you

I never take my props off. I do clean them.

What does the Scotch-brite pad do ????? (Am I correct that this is the Green pad)

Are you just "roughing up" the surface of the blade and taking the sharpness of the leading and trailing edges ??

Here's a little pickiness. Props are made by injection mold process. Rub you finger across the leading and trailing edge. That material is something I remove on every prop I touch. Can't tell you if it makes any real difference on airflow because I don't have that kind of test equipment. I am sure in my mind that they are running as smooth as possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20