Phantom 4 pro plus

Reaction score
I just bought my husband a phantom 4 pro plus for Christmas. We have done all the updates and he was able to fly it once but now it doesn’t matter if I take it out to the front yard where there is a tree. Or take to the back yard no trees it stills say no gps. This is his first drone.

Please make sure that the function switch is in P mode like shown below. P stands for Positioning (GPS). Can you post a screenshot of in the app, please?

20190122_210323.jpg

Reactions: lasersbee
Eu não entendo a proibição de usar APP de terceiros no P4P +, mas o DJI lança esses mesmos aplicativos para o Mavic 2 usando o novo controlador (Smart Controller DJI). Essa postura praticamente condenou a linha Phantom à morte. Eu comprei um P4P + eu tenho o preconceito.

These were taken in the house obviously but same message when outside.

Attachments

• 0BA8C7ED-39EE-42FB-94B6-BA7AFE9DE696.jpeg
    0BA8C7ED-39EE-42FB-94B6-BA7AFE9DE696.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 347
  • 2CDFD2C4-A63D-4DD7-B49B-1427B015DF5B.jpeg
    2CDFD2C4-A63D-4DD7-B49B-1427B015DF5B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 406
  • 7E23D64C-5EB1-41CD-86B1-316BA1A84737.jpeg
    7E23D64C-5EB1-41CD-86B1-316BA1A84737.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 297
  • 4441D1CC-D60C-41FF-A83E-90F99E1105D3.jpeg
    4441D1CC-D60C-41FF-A83E-90F99E1105D3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 323
Did the remote controller show a good GPS connection on the first flight? If so, what changed and/or what did you do between then and now?

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Did the remote controller show a good GPS connection on the first flight? If so, what changed and/or what did you do between then and now?
He got a signal flew it landed it flew it again landed it and then wanted to check home button. Flew it and it tried to go into the house and crashed breaking two propellers.

Hi Jeniffer. Sorry to hear about the crash. Before our first flight with the P4P+ we watched several YouTube videos - all of which strongly advised to fly in an open area such as a recreational park. You get GPS much quicker - and better - with lots of sky above you.

We took it out to a reservoir and it wouldn’t do anything. It came up on the login screen but we had no internet so it would not let us log in?

That is odd. Turn off beginner mode. I doubt that will help but worth a shot. Beginner mode should have GPS lock enabled automatically.
We tried that too and still nothing. I wouldn’t think one very small crash would ruin it? And also wondering where it lost signal the first time we took it out if maybe something is wrong with it out of the box?

Hi Jeniffer. Sorry to hear about the crash. Before our first flight with the P4P+ we watched several YouTube videos - all of which strongly advised to fly in an open area such as a recreational park. You get GPS much quicker - and better - with lots of sky above you.

We took it out to a reservoir and it wouldn’t do anything. It came up on the login screen but we had no internet so it would not let us log in?

Flew it and it tried to go into the house and crashed breaking two propellers
Ah, well, the fact that it was crashed is something you should have disclosed ;)

Unless you know how to disassemble Phantoms (or want to learn how to do it), you should contact DJI Support or a repair shop for help. While the issue might just be that the GPS receiver disconnected inside of the Phantom, it's certainly possible that some other related piece of hardware was damaged in the crash. Either way, this doesn't seem like a problem you're going to be able to resolve by installing software or configuring settings.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
The remote had good signal and then he took it up landed it took it up again landed it and then wanted to check out home button took it up tried to hit home and drone lost signal and crashed was was only 4 ft up when it ran into the side of the house. Error on the display history was Navigation error check redundancy state

He got a signal flew it landed it flew it again landed it and then wanted to check home button. Flew it and it tried to go into the house and crashed breaking two propellers.
We also took ice fishing this weekend but when he tried to get it to work the login screen came up and we had no WiFi signal to login. And after scouring utube we still can’t figure out how to by pass the login screen. Or how we would be able to fly it if we don’t have WiFi.

My advise would be to take it to a shop or send it to someone near by. It sounds like the gps cable came out. Very unusual. I have never seen that happen. Is there any damage to the drone you can see? Where are you located. perhaps someone on here that is close by would look at it. I am near Rochester NY. I would be glad to take a look.

We also took ice fishing this weekend but when he tried to get it to work the login screen came up and we had no WiFi signal to login. And after scouring utube we still can’t figure out how to by pass the login screen. Or how we would be able to fly it if we don’t have WiFi.

You should only have to login once if you've created a profile. You really should read the manual. What you've described are beginner mistakes that indicate you've not read too much documentation. Hitting the HOME button while at 4 foot altitude is certainly not advisable, since the bird won't rise to the RTH altitude straight up, it will head towards home, rising at an angle.

My advise would be to take it to a shop or send it to someone near by. It sounds like the gps cable came out. Very unusual. I have never seen that happen. Is there any damage to the drone you can see? Where are you located. perhaps someone on here that is close by would look at it. I am near Rochester NY. I would be glad to take a look.
We are in Idaho and not sure if there is anyone close to us. I ordered it off amazon. And no there is no visible damage at all on the drone. I will get on line and see if there is a retailer around here that can help. Does it need to go to a certified dealer for repair?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan