PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS REMOTE

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals,
new to Phantom forum, Im a Mavic pro guy. Got my 1st phantom. I want to upgrade with a 4 hawks mod but was told wont work with pro plus remote. Can I buy a regular Pro remote,link and upgrade that one as a spare remote?

Reactions: Jim Canada
Hi guys n gals,
new to Phantom forum, Im a Mavic pro guy. Got my 1st phantom. I want to upgrade with a 4 hawks mod but was told wont work with pro plus remote. Can I buy a regular Pro remote,link and upgrade that one as a spare remote?
Good morning and welcome to the forums!

I'll start by saying that I see absolutely zero benefit to that mod. The P4P has excellent range as it comes stock, and certainly longer range than what is legal, since you must always fly VLOS. Also it makes the remote bigger and heavier which makes it harder to transport.

Yes you can purchase a standard P4P remote (GL300F) and simply link it when you need it.

Reactions: Capt KO
Good morning and welcome to the forums!

I'll start by saying that I see absolutely zero benefit to that mod. The P4P has excellent range as it comes stock, and certainly longer range than what is legal, since you must always fly VLOS. Also it makes the remote bigger and heavier which makes it harder to transport.

Yes you can purchase a standard P4P remote (GL300F) and simply link it when you need it.
I have done 4hawks Xr/Sr antenna mods on mavic pro also pro2 with amazing results. As I said,im new to this phantom flying. I have not flown this bird yet as will be here Friday. I get allot of interference here where I live, and with the mods on the other two drones I have not had any video or drone loss of signal at very far distances.
I will take your word for it and try it before I waste more money on a separate remote. I bought this drone cause it's my understanding it shoots 60fps so it will be better than the M2 for slow motion shots,etc...

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I have done 4hawks Xr/Sr antenna mods on mavic pro also pro2 with amazing results. As I said,im new to this phantom flying. I have not flown this bird yet as will be here Friday. I get allot of interference here where I live, and with the mods on the other two drones I have not had any video or drone loss of signal at very far distances.
I will take your word for it and try it before I waste more money on a separate remote. I bought this drone cause it's my understanding it shoots 60fps so it will be better than the M2 for slow motion shots,etc...
You have an option with the p4p to switch to the 5.8 frequency.
much better in WiFi congested areas. I’ll second the no antenna mod needed.

Reactions: Capt KO
Click the link to see Phantom controller compatibilities. Ignore the scrunched up stuff:

Reactions: Jim Canada
Hi guys n gals,

Please pay no mind to the VLOS police, I have the 4 hawks Raptor boosted and I’m a city dweller and I’ve never had a disconnect or green screen and I’m only limited in distance flying by my battery

Please pay no mind to the VLOS police, I have the 4 hawks Raptor boosted and I’m a city dweller and I’ve never had a disconnect or green screen and I’m only limited in distance flying by my battery
Thanks for the input. I was told you can't modify the plus p dedicated remote and screen with the 4hawks mod, so I purchased an additional 300F remote controller and am waiting on skydrones to get the white 4hawks phantom 4 pro mod back in stock.
If it's anything like the mavic pro and pro 2 mod I will be extremely pleased. Flying in and near city has lots of interference most people who never flew in these areas have no idea how bad interference gets here.

Will any phantom 4 remote link to they pro plus? The B,C? I know the F will
Where are you getting that the GL300F will fail with a P4P? That is the specific controller for the P4P and it works great.

@DRONEDEVIL69 WELCOME to the forum :)

Where are you getting that the GL300F will fail with a P4P? That is the specific controller for the P4P and it works great.

I think you misread that... he's stating the F "will bind" not fail.

Yes let's ignore Federal Rules & Regulations..... NOT! It's attitudes like that that cause increased regulations and scrutiny on ALL of us. Unacceptable behavior.

Im also confused about what I bought. It said phantom 4 pro plus.Yes,has remote with built in screen.So is this a 2.0? I see some designations that say phantom pro 4 plus 2.0. Please someone explain this. I have my extra 300F controller im modding with 4hawks,I want to make sure I purchase correct antenna mod. Very confused..Whatever I bought it flies nice..Felt more stable than my Mavics bad wind today..

Simple way to determine V1 from V2.
V2 controller will have a lot of vent holes on the bottom of the controller.
Also the DJI lettering on the top of the aircraft is gold on a V2 and silver on a V1.

How about some pictures of the back of whatever controllers you’re working with that show the model number.
A V1 aircraft will not work with a V2 controller.
Yes, there are two different pro plus controllers.

Last edited:
I have a Phantom 4 Pro with both a GL300E (with screen), and a GL300F (no screen) I use the GL300E when I don't need boosted power, and it works great, as mentioned above. On the other hand I had my GL300F modified by Titan Drones to use with the amplified "Switch" system, as well as they're "Command Case" amplified system. I have all of the antennas they sell, and they all work in harmony with each other. I also bought a FPVLR amplified Circular Polarized "Boobie" setup that I modified to use all of the Titan Drone quick disconnects to seamlessly work together. With all of the amplified kits, I can fly in dense wooded areas where I live, with just amazing results! The Titan directional panels, and the Boobies are great for penetration, but like the 4Hawks, you need to always have it pointed at the drone, or it will disconnect. The FPVLR Boobies are somewhat more forgiving directionally. With the Switch, or the Command Case, I just snap on the 16" Omnidirectional whip antennas, and just stand there and enjoy fabulous connections without worries of having to point in the direction of the bird.
Also, I see no reason you can't have your GL300E Pro+ controller, If 4Hawks can't do it for you, I would contact James at Titan Drones. I'll bet that he can! Let me know if you need any help!
IMG_20190809_142804.jpg
IMG_20190809_142920.jpg
IMG_20190809_142937.jpg
IMG_20190809_143012.jpg
IMG_20190809_143312.jpg
IMG_20190809_143341.jpg
IMG_20190809_143448.jpg
IMG_20190809_144444.jpg
IMG_20190809_145226.jpg
IMG_20190809_150136.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I was told you can't modify the plus p dedicated remote and screen with the 4hawks mod, so I purchased an additional 300F remote controller and am waiting on skydrones to get the white 4hawks phantom 4 pro mod back in stock.
If it's anything like the mavic pro and pro 2 mod I will be extremely pleased. Flying in and near city has lots of interference most people who never flew in these areas have no idea how bad interference gets here.

Im not sure why your going anywhere else but to 4hawks themselves, reach out to Jake, 4Hawks - Modify drone with range extender antenna, they do the mods themselves and have a quick turnaround time

I'm on firmware V01.05.0600 if this helps. Just want to know if it's a regular phantom pro plus or a 2.0. It has silver dji sticker on drone. Came with 5.5 crystal display..

If it has a silver sticker, it’s a V1
and don’t get carried away doing firmware updates until you fly the thing.
that can be done later.

If it has a silver sticker, it’s a V1
and don’t get carried away doing firmware updates until you fly the thing.
that can be done later.
I don't update. I run nolimitdrones NFZ patch,etc. I go back Amy fourth with the firmware

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik